• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to combine PDF files however, am getting a "failure". One file is a certified file. How to I combine these?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to combine PDF files however, am getting a "failure".  One file is a certified file.  How to I combine these?

TOPICS
Combine files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Hi CK,

As per the description above, you are not able to combine/merge one Certified PDF file with another PDF file, Is that correct?

Sadly, a Certified PDF file cannot be merged/combined with another PDF file.

A Certified Document provides PDF document and forms recipients with added assurances of its authenticity and integrity. The entire point of Certification is that a certified document can't be edited. If you want to merge it with another document (unless you use a portfolio) you will first

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CK,

As per the description above, you are not able to combine/merge one Certified PDF file with another PDF file, Is that correct?

Sadly, a Certified PDF file cannot be merged/combined with another PDF file.

A Certified Document provides PDF document and forms recipients with added assurances of its authenticity and integrity. The entire point of Certification is that a certified document can't be edited. If you want to merge it with another document (unless you use a portfolio) you will first have to remove the certification.

For more information about combining/merging PDF files, you can visit: https://acrobat.adobe.com/in/en/acrobat/how-to/merge-combine-pdf-files-online.html

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I expected the same situation, but now I can't start the combination process again because I always receive this error message.

Miroslav265248586del_0-1665429539173.png

How to cancel the job?

regards,

Miroslav 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miroslav265248586del,

Sorry about the delay in response.

We have checked your account and see that there is no subscription listed there,

It seems that you are using the Adobe free account and trying to combine the files into a single PDF. You get one free trial of all the paid features on the Acrobat Online account. After the one free trial, you receive the error message.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Why have I chosen to pay a subscription to this piece of nothing software and waste two hours of my life uploading a bunch of pdf files to combine and in the end all files just bloody DISSAPEAR and I get a disgusting error!! Seriously? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi C34022823a21f,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble caused.

Could you please let us know what happens when you try to combine PDFs? Would you mind sharing the screen recording or a better understanding of the issue. 

Did you check if it happens with other PDFs as well if you try to combine them? If not, try to combine some other PDFs. Or try to combine less number of PDFs. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources