Highlighted

I can not edit word document, converted from pdf.

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to edit my word file.  I have Adobe Export PDF.  I uploaded a pdf file and then converted to word (.docx).  When I open the word file it will not allow me to edit/change.  Can someone help me because this is why I purchased Adobe Export and if I am not able to convert PDF to word and edit, then I am not sure if I will renew when it expires in February 2019.  Thank you for your help. Regards, Stephen

Hey Stephenc,

As mentioned that you are unable to edit the word file after converting it from pdf. I assume that this is a specific file which is causing problem for you?

There are couple of possibilities that its causing problem for you-

1- The pdf file you have converted to word doesn't contain real text in it. It just have high resolution images in it.

2- Export pdf runs OCR, so if your pdf contains text and image both then text will be converted to editable text and images will be converted as images only, which would not be edited.

3- May be this particular file has been corrupted which isn't giving appropriate result. So check with a different file and see the result.

Regards,

Akanchha 

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can not edit word document, converted from pdf.

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to edit my word file.  I have Adobe Export PDF.  I uploaded a pdf file and then converted to word (.docx).  When I open the word file it will not allow me to edit/change.  Can someone help me because this is why I purchased Adobe Export and if I am not able to convert PDF to word and edit, then I am not sure if I will renew when it expires in February 2019.  Thank you for your help. Regards, Stephen

Hey Stephenc,

As mentioned that you are unable to edit the word file after converting it from pdf. I assume that this is a specific file which is causing problem for you?

1- The pdf file you have converted to word doesn't contain real text in it. It just have high resolution images in it.

2- Export pdf runs OCR, so if your pdf contains text and image both then text will be converted to editable text and images will be converted as images only, which would not be edited.

3- May be this particular file has been corrupted which isn't giving appropriate result. So check with a different file and see the result.

Regards,

Akanchha 

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stephenc,

Regards,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2018 1
Resources