Highlighted

I forgot the secure PDF password. How do I get a new one ?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iforgot secure pdf password how do I get a new one ?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

It's very important when setting document passwords to keep a copy of the unprotected file. This also applies to signing and reader enabling. You can't always go back, especially if you forget passwords.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I forgot the secure PDF password. How do I get a new one ?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iforgot secure pdf password how do I get a new one ?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

It's very important when setting document passwords to keep a copy of the unprotected file. This also applies to signing and reader enabling. You can't always go back, especially if you forget passwords.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2014 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2014 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrote down my PDF document password. It worked before (about a month ago), now, it is not working. 
Question #1: How do I retrieve a new password if I cannot remember the old?
Question #2: I cannot edit any document without these passwords for "open" and "permission". What do I do in this case?
Someone please help. This has been the most frustrating fix on Adobe and I'm about to pass out 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Resources