• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to convert some mdi files to pdf. Microsoft does not seem to offer any working solution. Please help.

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to convert several hundred MDI (Microsoft Document Imaging) files to PDF. Microsoft does not seem to offer any solutions that actually work. Please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

It was discontinued with Office 2007, I think. But Microsoft offer a tool to convert them to TIFF. It's a command line tool. Download MDI to TIFF File Converter from Official Microsoft Download Center

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you print these files? If so, you can buy Acrobat and print to PDF. One at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I cannot even open them since I upgraded to Windows 10. As far as I know, the last version of Windows that supported "Microsoft Document Imaging" was Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to find an application that can open these files. Since it's a proprietary image format of Microsoft it can't be opened directly with Adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was discontinued with Office 2007, I think. But Microsoft offer a tool to convert them to TIFF. It's a command line tool. Download MDI to TIFF File Converter from Official Microsoft Download Center

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried using an online service http://www.k2pdf.com/convert.html and the conversion was good for me last time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources