• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to combine PDFs with this product without uploading to the cloud. I want my privacy rights honored by Adobe.

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDFpack product description said explicitly that PDF combining can happen in Adobe Online, AND in Adobe Acrobat DC on my device. See here: 

Get online PDF tools you can use in a browser, with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on your computer, or with the Acrobat Reader mobile app.

However, when I try to merge a PDF on my device, it takes me to the web portal instead of doing the merging in the software itself.  I have no interest in having Adobe have access to any files I am merging or my data, in any capacity.  I have no interest in giving Adobe the rights to use my data or files once they are uploaded to the cloud.  In fact, I do want them uploaded to the cloud at all.     What is the solution to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Hi Gregl,

Adobe PDF Pack is an online subscription, which works online via https://cloud.acrobat.com/convertpdf  and also through desktop application Acrobat Reader DC.

The message that you have shared above is optional to make things convenient for users.

As per your account information you have subscribed for Adobe Acrobat Standard DC (Adobe PDF Pack has been canceled). I assume you are working on an incorrect application Adobe Acrobat DC.

Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregl,

Adobe PDF Pack is an online subscription, which works online via https://cloud.acrobat.com/convertpdf  and also through desktop application Acrobat Reader DC.

The message that you have shared above is optional to make things convenient for users.

As per your account information you have subscribed for Adobe Acrobat Standard DC (Adobe PDF Pack has been canceled). I assume you are working on an incorrect application Adobe Acrobat DC.

Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Acrobat never upload your documents online automatically, unless you don't do it manually.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can a user turn off this feature so documents are updated on the desktop interface rather than the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still cannot see how to combine Pdfs without uploading to the cloud. Please can you advise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use an installation of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources