• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i wanted to install a optifine download but when i try to install it on adobe reader it says file is not supported or its damaged

Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need optifine but my adobe reader says file is not supported or its damaged so i cant get the optfine i wanted

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Hi peytonrowles1223,

As Pat says, Adobe Reader only opens PDF files. I think you may have better luck contacting Optifine to find out why it's not working as you expect: https://optifine.net/home.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know what "optifine" is.

Adobe Reader can only open PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peytonrowles1223,

As Pat says, Adobe Reader only opens PDF files. I think you may have better luck contacting Optifine to find out why it's not working as you expect: https://optifine.net/home.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue isn't that Optifine fails to function properly, it's that Adobe forced itself to be the default application for running .jar files.
Adobe can only SUCCESSFULLY open .pdf files, but for some reason also thinks it can run .jar files.

There is no need for Adobe to open them, as .jar files should be able to run themselves; they are a self-executing program.

I've had this problem since I got my computer, and since I work with .jars a LOT, it's become very frustrating, having to uninstall and reinstall Adobe before and after I open every .jar.

To solve this issue, there needs to be a way for a user to disable Adobe from being the default application without needing to uninstall it, or at least fix Adobe from thinking it can run .jar files.

So no, contacting Optifine would be of no use.
Adobe needs to fix this error.

P.S: Optifine is a user-made modification to Minecraft, which allows for better graphics optimizations, intended for low-end PCs. For some people, it's required to run the game, so if someone doesn't know how to get around this issue, then they will be unable to play Minecraft with their current computer.

This issue is related to this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

download and install jarfix. it will allow you to install it as long as you have java installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources