• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to edit an already shared link (pdf), without affecting the link itself? I shared a pdf file to a number of people via adobe cloud, but noticed a mistake in it.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to edit an already shared link (pdf), without affecting the link itself? I shared a pdf file to a number of people via adobe cloud, but noticed a mistake in it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Hi Roopet,

As asked, can the document be edited once its shared with multiple people. Sadly, the answer is no it can not be edited.

Existing link can't be edited. However, you can "Delete Link" or "Unshare Link" (if a shared review generated).

I assume you have used "Share" option to "Shared for Viewing"? You may read this: Share and track PDFs online using Adobe Document Cloud

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roopet,

As asked, can the document be edited once its shared with multiple people. Sadly, the answer is no it can not be edited.

Existing link can't be edited. However, you can "Delete Link" or "Unshare Link" (if a shared review generated).

I assume you have used "Share" option to "Shared for Viewing"? You may read this: Share and track PDFs online using Adobe Document Cloud

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer.
I also assumed that shared documents would be editable by the owner, since that's what makes sense. 
What's the point to block the edition of shared documents???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that following your advice I "unshared" the document and is still un-editable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to 'REPLACE' the shared file? The goal is to update but keep the same link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same question hence what brought me to this page. It appears (even in 2022) there's no way to replace an existing shared document so you can preserve the existing link. You must unshare AND delete the existing document and reissue/re-share. Or, just delete it and resend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Same issue here in mid 2023...

Sorry to say, but that's just simply Absurd.

Why you can't as the owner of a shared document edit it so others can view and keep track of changes is just completely non-sensical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris29449065ejm9,

Thank you for reaching out.

As the link is shared already, it is not possible to make changes to it. This is the designed behavior. However, you may add the required modifications in the file after unsharing it and share it again later.  

You may share your suggestion with the team via the following page: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac

Hope the information helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason why shared PDF's that have a link and are already hosted by Adobe can't be edited without breaking the link. Allow users to make changes to PDF's that have already been shared or sent out via link without re-creating a new link and forcing the creator to resend a new link all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eugene346841495vs4,

Sorry about the delay in response.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your suggestion. I would suggest you to share your suggestion directly with the product team via the following page: https://adobe.ly/3UcyguX;

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources