Highlighted

Is there an Adobe online service that will convert to a Smart PDF format?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My customer needs to combine files into one pdf file but they cannot use Adobe Pro DC because they are a government organisation and their PCs are locked down and they cannot load new applications onto them. On investigation Adobe Cloud PDF Services looked like a good solution. However, some of the files they need to combine are scanned documents and their scanner produces PDFs where each page is an image. In the PDF Services it is possible to export these PDFs to word documents using OCR but there is no option for selecting the output in a Smart PDF format. They need the documents to be a true facsimile of the original but also be index-able. They would willingly pay for a subscription for a service which can convert to a Smart PDF format, but is there an Adobe online service that will convert to a Smart PDF format?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

‌Try to think of this as "doing OCR on a PDF", not a kind of conversion. That may help you locate a service as Adobe don't have one. Be aware that, if you find the bureaucracy awkward for getting software installed, it may be insurmountable for an online service because of privacy concerns. The protocols in Goverment organisations are strict in order to keep out everything not vetted.

TOPICS
Acrobat.com Cloud Storage, ExportPDF, PDF Pack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there an Adobe online service that will convert to a Smart PDF format?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My customer needs to combine files into one pdf file but they cannot use Adobe Pro DC because they are a government organisation and their PCs are locked down and they cannot load new applications onto them. On investigation Adobe Cloud PDF Services looked like a good solution. However, some of the files they need to combine are scanned documents and their scanner produces PDFs where each page is an image. In the PDF Services it is possible to export these PDFs to word documents using OCR but there is no option for selecting the output in a Smart PDF format. They need the documents to be a true facsimile of the original but also be index-able. They would willingly pay for a subscription for a service which can convert to a Smart PDF format, but is there an Adobe online service that will convert to a Smart PDF format?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

‌Try to think of this as "doing OCR on a PDF", not a kind of conversion. That may help you locate a service as Adobe don't have one. Be aware that, if you find the bureaucracy awkward for getting software installed, it may be insurmountable for an online service because of privacy concerns. The protocols in Goverment organisations are strict in order to keep out everything not vetted.

TOPICS
Acrobat.com Cloud Storage, ExportPDF, PDF Pack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 18, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bobb14208182,

You can use Adobe PDF Pack for combining files into one PDF and exporting them to word document.

You can refer this link for more information : Online PDF converter, convert from web or Acrobat Reader | Adobe PDF Pack

Let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi, Yes, I know that, but that wasn't my question. The output has to be a Smart PDF format as it has to be a true facsimile of the original scanned document. This is a function that Adobe Acrobat Pro DC can do when using OCR, but as I explained I can't use it in this situation. What I really want is the Adobe PDF Pack export function to have an output format of PDF. The Smart PDF format leaves the original image on the page and overlays the text (invisibly) so that the document can be searched and indexed. So, again, my question is: Is there an Adobe online service that will convert to a Smart PDF format?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe PDF Pack doesn't offers this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bernd. Yes I understand that, which is why I'm was trying to find out if anyone knew of another Adobe online service that will convert to a Smart PDF format?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2016 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2016 0
Resources