• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript error 142

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble signing in to a pdf document.  The first two fields in the pdf are username and password which are required to look up information from a particular source.  When I click the login button I get the following error:

Warning: JavaScript Window -
The form is currently unable to connect to the internet, please check your internet connection settings and try again. If problems persist, contact your System Administrator. (142)

Can anyone help please?  I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2020.009.20063 on a Macbook.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi owlsdave,

It is really hard to comment in this situation. 
It seems the form is trying to connect to a particular address. You need to check with your IT if that address is whitelisted on your machine. Also, with the designer of the form if that address still holds true. 
Also Acrobat>Preferences>Security(enhanced), try whitelisting the address if you know that in advance. 

If you can share the file with us we will try to take a look. 

Regards,

Tariq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources