Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a solution: Conversion of PDF into Excel is incorrect

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gentelemen,

I am subscribed to the PDF Export service. This service does not provide a correct conversion of pdf files into excel. Text is wrongly placed and the conversion is only partial. The conversion of second and third pages is absolutely partial and incorrect.

Conversion is from a scanned pdf of a printed accounting ledger, converted at 300 p. (maximum resolution I can provide) It is supposed that the system makes an OCR before the conversion but it seems this is not the case. Text is garbled, wrongly placed and only partially converted.

I would need direct assistance from Adobe or even that Adobe converts the files themselves.

Ir seems that chat is not available for this product.

I have a demand from the tax authorities to provide the information in Excel format and need a solution this week.

Thank you

Héctor Rodríguez Molnar

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Hello Héctorrnolnar,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description, when you convert a PDF into Excel, the text is placed wrongly and they are garbled, Is that correct?

Try exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

Refer to the following Adobe article and try the suggestions Text is garbled in a converted file | Adobe Export PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Héctorrnolnar,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description, when you convert a PDF into Excel, the text is placed wrongly and they are garbled, Is that correct?

Try exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

Refer to the following Adobe article and try the suggestions Text is garbled in a converted file | Adobe Export PDF

have you tried exporting any other PDF? If it is specific to one PDF, Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can test it at our end?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send using your Adobe ID(email) and password, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

For troubleshooting related to ExportPDF service, you can refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources