Office 365 SharePoint Integration Errors

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the following errors after MS did some UI updates this past week to SharePoint.

"You may not have permission to access the SharePoint file being used in this workflow."

Any tricks to fix it? Else I am just going to pull the functionality from SharePoint. It's causing more problems than it's fixing.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Office 365 SharePoint Integration Errors

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the following errors after MS did some UI updates this past week to SharePoint.

"You may not have permission to access the SharePoint file being used in this workflow."

Any tricks to fix it? Else I am just going to pull the functionality from SharePoint. It's causing more problems than it's fixing.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same ole problem that's been around in this "Reader DC" product now for more than a year.
You might try clearing your browser cache and starting with a fresh windows and fingers crossed.
Nowadays I just tell folks to use the SharePoint [...]->Open->Open in Browser when they get this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We get this issue as well, I have a strong suspicion it's to do with permissions. We find this error most frequently occurs with documents that were migrated from our FileShare to SharePoint Online. In our case, documents that fail tend (not always) to have a modified by "app@sharepoint" stamp as opposed to the user who created the document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thing has been a pain. I have deleted the app 5 times from the tennent and it keeps coming back. When I look at the user list, it's just a small subset of who the app was originally deployed to. It's like if a user's browser cache still had the URL for the application, the app gets re-installed. So strange. It's just too buggy to deploy at an enterprise level.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, for this integration to be useful, where Adobe Document Cloud throws an error opening a PDF, it should default to a vanilla "Open in Browser" instead of just showing an error screen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found making the path and/or filename shorter fixes this issue. There seems to be a 248 max character limit for the path and filename. Moving the file(s) up in the folder path can also fix the issue as long as you are not over the max character length.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Resources