• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimizing of Text with Alignment of Text (Acrobat X Version)

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat X has both of these features 'intertwined'.  I feel that they should be separate components because of with any Optimizing of any text (regardless of either Setting- being high or low)- the optimizing makes any text "blurry" in the end-result & the alignment always removes any existing 'tilt' in that text.  So if the user wants no text optimizing but still wants the alignment done, then he/she has the exclusive right for this to be done as a separate component.  Can any re-construction of this Optimizing Tool be done now (*to make it a separate component) on this outdated Version?

I'll also ask the same question for the Adobe Acrobat 2017 (latest Version)? .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

You might have more luck reaching experienced users if (1) you post in an Acrobat forum (2) you make it clear you are looking for advice and workarounds, and know your software is end of life [many posters expect magic fixes from Adobe even for ancient software].

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello rd2@purespeed.com

As per the description above, I can understand that you want the Optimizing tool to be reconstructed for Acrobat 10 version, Is that correct?

Acrobat 10 version is already declared as an End of Support product, End of support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products). For more information, you can refer to End of support for Acrobat X and Reader X

However, if you wish the changes in Acrobat 2017 latest version, you can file a feature request using the URL Feature Request/Bug Report Form

To know more about Optimizing and Aligning text in a PDF, you can refer to InCopy Help | Aligning text

Optimizing PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Pro

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one additional thing that I forgot to mention on my main topic.  The Text Optimizing Tool that is used in Adobe Acrobat X & X1 is used only for Scanned PDF files.  The Text Optimizing which is basically used for the shrinkage of the total image/document can also be used for Text Focusing as well as Text Alignment (combined).  It may be possible that there may be an Operator error on my behalf, so I will ask any individual if he/she is well schooled in this area?  I'm simply just addressing the Text Focusing & Text Alignment issues by themselves & nothing additional.  Does the User leave the 2 boxes unchecked (#1 & #3), & then change Setting #1a to 'High Quality' with the Horizontal bar, then the Filters selection (#2) to 'High' Text Sharpening for high quality end-results?  There is always that possibility of an Operator error here which I'm attempting to rule out?

This AA Version X is no longer supported by Adobe.com, but this still does not exclude replies from any previous experienced Users of this Text Optimizing Tool> (Scanned PDF).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have more luck reaching experienced users if (1) you post in an Acrobat forum (2) you make it clear you are looking for advice and workarounds, and know your software is end of life [many posters expect magic fixes from Adobe even for ancient software].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone that has regularly used this Version (Version X) with the Text Optimizing Tool should know the correct answer.  But anyone whom never had previously used this Tool in this particular Version will come up with inferior information.  Another issue which is a concern is- why would anyone want to upgrade to a "free" Adobe Software Program from an earlier "subscription" one?, (as the Subscription Version will still offer much more in overall quality).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources