Highlighted

Paid account gives no service

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try "Export to Word" from Reader, I am served the Pricing page.
When I check my account I find that I have paid already.

When I access what Adobe presents as Help I am given approximately 32,496 different topcs, each topic haveing approximately 7,328 different threads.

It's very simple:
* I have paid.
* I want the service I paid for.

32,496 * 7,328 = far more pages and links than I should have to wade through to get what I have already paid for.

I'm not here to program a web service.

/bdt

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Paid account gives no service

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try "Export to Word" from Reader, I am served the Pricing page.
When I check my account I find that I have paid already.

When I access what Adobe presents as Help I am given approximately 32,496 different topcs, each topic haveing approximately 7,328 different threads.

It's very simple:
* I have paid.
* I want the service I paid for.

32,496 * 7,328 = far more pages and links than I should have to wade through to get what I have already paid for.

I'm not here to program a web service.

/bdt

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On adobe DOT com/ca/ I see my avatar, which indicates that I am logged in, but then am presented "Ready to buy?"
It's very obvious that this system is brain-damaged.

Addendum:

Adobe Export PDF

Annual plan, prepaid

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BenTrem,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are prompted to purchase whereas you already have a subscription, is that correct?

On checking the details for your account using the email address you are logged into the forums, you have subscription for  export pdf.

Try logging out of your Adobe account and log in again and confirm you are using the correct email id that is associated with your Adobe membership. Also check if you are using the latest version of Adobe Reader to export pdf: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

You may also refer to the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

I 've got an annual subscription for Adobe export PDF, but it asks me the software key.

Renew your membership, have active subscription of Adobe Export PDF

Keeps asking me to renew a subscription....very annoying

Thanks,

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st: You're missing the point. Not just "I get the Pick a Plan page." But rather "I get the Peck a Plan page and so I never get to convert the document!"

2nd: It sees that the software Adobe has chosen to deploy for the public is not effective at anything at all. The example immediately at hand: I have 3 other Adobe pages open in other tabs. When I loaded this page, directly from EMail, it prompted me to Log In. I was logged in on tabs ... I did a hard reload of this page ... I was prompted to Log On. So this system can not track what I have paid for because it cannot keep track of whether I have logged in or not. (I suspect your solution will be a 1998 classic: "Clear your cache!"

I will try this: having logged out and back in with no good effect, I'm going to log out ... clear Adobe cookies (which is the actual intention of your suggestino) and log back in, then try to Export/Save as Other from Reader.

/bdt

p.s. 2 points I'm tracking at the moment: 1) We have for years / decades we have been able to sort file listings by name, size, date, and type. At least by Name. In what Adobe pretentiously presents as a Cloud, no such sorting is possible. (BTW real neat trick to have such a narrow Name column that similarly named files cannot be identified one from the other. It takes a trulhy perverse nature to deploy such crap ... and we're in 2018.) And 2) from Reader I have the option of saving as PPTX ... which is what I want ... which is why I gave Adobe a teeny pile of cash money. 2a) I can't do that from Reader because (see above) I'm served with Pick a Plan instead of functionality. On top of that, 2b) for no good reason PPTX is not an option on this quasi- functional pseduo-cloud. How ridiculous. I hit CTRL-I to turn italics off and I get a line-break!

How I hit Return and the cursor disappears! 1998 WYSIWYG ...

Oh, I forgot this: while doing X I'm offered Drag&Drop for file upload. But if I choose to do Y (silly fool that I am?) I get the file explorer to pick with.

Addendum: I've been on WWW since before Adobe came into being. 1994, to be exact. I have been using Adobe products since the company appeared. That means something like 2 decades of frustration in various forms. I have never ever before given this company money because I don't have the time for this foolishness! Adobe crediblity is and has been for years measured in negative numbers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely the same. Logged out. Tried export, to force the issues. Deleted all Adobe cookies. Logged in. Tried again. A total waste of time.

With the files I have already in CC (wrestling with the primitive, barbaric listing) I have no option for PPTX.
With the file loaded into Reader, I am given the option for conversion to PPTX but get served only the Pick a Plan page.

It seems that Adobe really doesn't get things right. As is so very often the case with whatever my cohort produces, they are careful to grab the 80% benefit that comes from doing the easy 20% of the work.

stunning ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinda nifty how my posts / replies here show my avatar //not//. Evidently this system is brain-dead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something deeply ironic about this sort of thing: tell an entity that doesn't care that they don't care, and they will ... you see where I'm going.

I never thought of Adobe as incompetent.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ExportPDF plan converts to Word or Excel, not PPT. That is included in the PDF Pack plan.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2018 0
Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, ExportPDF help is here Using Adobe Export PDF

If it doesn't work from Reader, which sometimes it doesn't, and I wish Adobe would fix it --- then use it online from a browser as shown in the guide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The ExportPDF plan converts to Word or Excel, not PPT."

Let's be clear: when I open a PDF and select Save as Other, I'm given the option of PPT.
I paid money for that functionality, but did not get it.
Because that functionality is not included in the service I paid for.

thanks for this ... another way that Adobe really sucks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2018 0
Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Acrobat Reader it is full of options which lead to a "pay now" situation. That doesn't mean it's you get all of these things when you pay for one. However, I observe in your FIRST message you are trying to export to Word. That should work.

Here are the features for ExportPDF Export PDF to Word or Excel online | Adobe Export PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2018 0
Resources