Highlighted

pdf export to excel in error output

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I scanned bank statements & save them in pdf. Unfortunately the export outcome was horrible. The data is everywhere or it merged into one big cells. Some data was overlapping too. The data is totally un-editable.

I ended up spending more time to adjust / tidy it into readable format or usable data.

I tried different bank statements. The export outcome is similar - very bad.

Like the bank statements, I just need the data to be in debit, credit and balance columns so I can manipulate them quickly. Any advice?

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

pdf export to excel in error output

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I scanned bank statements & save them in pdf. Unfortunately the export outcome was horrible. The data is everywhere or it merged into one big cells. Some data was overlapping too. The data is totally un-editable.

I ended up spending more time to adjust / tidy it into readable format or usable data.

I tried different bank statements. The export outcome is similar - very bad.

Like the bank statements, I just need the data to be in debit, credit and balance columns so I can manipulate them quickly. Any advice?

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 12, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Waic, 

Do you only experience trouble with bank statements? How about other PDF conversions, does it gives the same outcome?

Adobe Export PDF can create high-quality conversions, but the quality of converted document depends on the quality of the PDF file you start with. If you are working with online pdf converter, then there isn't much that can be done, as result can not be improved.

Would you mind trying a different pdf to excel which has data in it?

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, I did try your suggestions. Not working at all.

My main reason for getting Adobe Export PDF is to work on excel. So far, it is the bank statements (in pdf) that we require to export it to excel to edit the numbers (debit, credit and balance columns). We tried different bank statements and in high & low resolutions, the results were the same - un-editable.

Your website didn't mention online pdf converter has such limitations. The main selling point is to convert pdf into excel and then can edit the data in excel. It doesn't restrict the type of pdf for the conversion.

Can you please advise again? I'm very disappointed with the purchase and I feel being let down by a well-establish brand!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Waic,

I apologize for not being able to reply to your previous message.

Sorry to hear about your poor experience with the service. In this process of scanning document, creating PDF and then converting it to Excel would might not give the accurate result as you want.

Please read this: PDF to EXCEL export is not accurate

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 1
Resources