PDF Open New Tab in New Window directly from Internet Explorer?

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure someone can answer this quite easily.

I have an Adobe PDF document(original document saved in word). There are many hyperlinks in the Word document which if I click, CTR Click Right Mouse, opens up a new window to the link. No issues there.

With the PDF versionI have saved, as I have Adobe Reader I just click and a new window tab appears & opens up the Hyperlink. Great!

The problem is this: I sent the PDF to others who do not have Adobe or Reader. They open up the PDF file via their Internet Explorer Browser. Howevere, when they click on a Hyperlink in the PDF document, a new tab DOES NOT open up. The hyperlink opens up in the same document! To get back to the PDF, they have to click the back arrow on the menu bar and it takes them back to the start of the document!

I need the PDF Hyperlink to open in a new tab in these circumstances(when the document is not opened in a reader format but internet).

Is there a setting in Adobe when I save the PDF file that will solve this problem for those viewing the document directly on Internet Explorer/ Chrome / Microsoft Edge?

Thanks

Chris

TOPICS
Create PDF, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible with the Acrobat Online Services.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out.

++ Adding to the above suggestion.

As you are trying to make the hyperlinks open in a new window (when the PDF is opened in the browser), please refer to the suggestion provided here: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/How-I-open-hyperlinks-inside-embedded-pdf-window-q2104.aspx

You have mentioned above that you are using Adobe Reader, you will require the Acrobat to make the necessary changes as suggested in the help link above.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines