• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Pack: just need to combine some files; "combine" button is grayed out and unresponsive

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased PDF Pack solely to be able to combine PDF files. I understand that with my plan, this can only be done on the browser and not in the desktop app. However, I am being prevented from combining files at this link. I have tried the link on multiple browsers. I have signed out of my account, cleared my cache and cookies, and signed back in. I have tried combining a wide variety of documents, not just the ones I need to combine for my job. My OS is up-to-date. I tried everything the forums suggested, to no avail. I tried everything that the tech support chat person suggested, again to no avail, and was told to go to the forums.

I just need to get the "combine" button to be blue and not gray.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

I have discovered that the "Combine" button turns from gray to blue (activates) once you enter a new filename in the "Enter new file name" field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Acrobat Reader installed on your device?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are using Reader, not Acrobat DC with PDF Pack services.

Log-in to your account to confirm your service is paid and active.

Adobe Account

You may access Adobe PDF Pack from  https://cloud.acrobat.com/convertpdf  Just log-in with your paid Adobe ID and password.

For any troubleshooting, refer to-  Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed what I think might be a different version of Adobe reader on my desktop. I was then able to combine files online. This makes no sense. What makes even less sense is that after combining some files, I went to do the last few (since you can only do 12 at a time and I need 16) and I now cannot combine files again. I just don't get it.

Update: now it is letting me combine files again. I am not sure what's going on but I got the work done. I want to express my utter disappointment in Adobe's support for this issue. It doesn't seem like I am the only one who has had it if the forums are any indication, and it didn't seem like anyone else got a solid answer either. The forums were of little help and the online tech support chat just directed me back to the forums. Old-fashioned and cost-ineffective though it may sound (god forbid), I think a phone tech support line would be really helpful, but there's only a phone line for sales.

Have a nice life, y'all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey PeteMc,

I can understand the frustrating experience you had through this. While going through the description given above, I did try to replicate the same at my end. There seems to be some intermittent issue with the Document Cloud site because of network connection. Will cross check with the team, to know whats causing this issue.

About your customer support experience I would like to add-on, that Document Cloud PDF service is an online subscription which is only supported on Forums. This is why you have had a bit struggle to get in touch with Phone/Chat support team.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Document Cloud PDF services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered that the "Combine" button turns from gray to blue (activates) once you enter a new filename in the "Enter new file name" field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I type a letter in the file name field and the button turned blue ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - this was my issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User,

Please state your problem if you have one in more detail.  Also tell us what steps you are taking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wyatt,

Sorry for the trouble and delay in response.

If you are experiencing the issue with combining PDF as stated above, please ensure that you type in the file name for the new file that will be created in the "Enter new file name" field provided just before the cancel button at the top right corner. Once the file name is entered, the Combine button will be enabled.

Check the screenshot below:

MeenakshiNegi_0-1639473339271.png

Hope the information helps.

If you are referring to some other issue, please let us know.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources