Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF to Excel conversion problem

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When converting PDF (which has been scanned)  to Excel or Word the conversion is garbled .

I used Windows 10.

Regards,

Ahmed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Hello Ahmed,

Please contact the PDF producer, or if possible share the source file, as it seems to be a font issue in the current scanned PDF.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ahmed,

As per the description above, you are getting a garbled Excel or Word after conversion, Is that correct?

Please refer to the following KB doc which discusses the similar issue Text is garbled in converted file | ExportPDF

Try exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

Have you tried exporting a non-scanned PDF file? Try exporting any other PDF file.

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ananda,

I'm afraid I've tried for both word and excel conversion but still I've got the same, i.e. garbled.

See attached.

Regards, Ahmed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ahmed,

If the issue is specific to one PDF file, is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can check at our end?

To share the PDF file, please use Adobe Send feature, share the link to PDF via private message only How Do I Send Private Message Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1184148 as we have not received any attachment in your previous response.

Also, refer to the KB Text is garbled in converted file | ExportPDF

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

There are many PDF files that I want to convert and I did not have any problem before!

Also, I'm not sure how to send a secured private message with attachment as mentioned below.

Regards, Ahmed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To share the file, use Adobe Send feature, upload the sample file using Adobe Send.

Share the link to PDF file via private message only How Do I Send Private Message  Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1184148

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

I've just sent one of the PDF via private message ( pl confirm receipt ) for you to review and resolve the conversion problem.

Regards, Ahmed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you for the file. Let us try it at our end, and will get back to you with an update.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ahmed,

Please contact the PDF producer, or if possible share the source file, as it seems to be a font issue in the current scanned PDF.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources