Highlighted

Problem exporting a complex PDF as a Word Doc

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.  I'm having problems extracting information from a locked PDF.  It has a Contents page with a hyperlink to each section.  You can only get to these sections by clicking the content links.  When I attempt to export, it only recognises it as a 1-page document -just the contents page.  Can anyone really expert and kind help me out, please?  Thanks a lot!

Sorry as there is no tool that opens the links automatically.

You will need to manually open the link.

You may click on the number assigned to each link at the left-hand side in the PDF to open the particular section of that PDF.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
ExportPDF, PDF Pack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem exporting a complex PDF as a Word Doc

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.  I'm having problems extracting information from a locked PDF.  It has a Contents page with a hyperlink to each section.  You can only get to these sections by clicking the content links.  When I attempt to export, it only recognises it as a 1-page document -just the contents page.  Can anyone really expert and kind help me out, please?  Thanks a lot!

You may click on the number assigned to each link at the left-hand side in the PDF to open the particular section of that PDF.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
ExportPDF, PDF Pack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I have checked that you are subscribed to Adobe Export PDF service.

As I understand, you are trying to export a password protected PDF. Am I correct?

If yes, then sorry to say it is not possible to export this PDF using the Export PDF service.

Refer this headline "Will Adobe Export PDF convert any type of PDF file?" in this help document FAQ | Adobe Export PDF, Document Cloud for more information on this.

To convert these type of PDFs, you will require Adobe Acrobat DC subscription.

You may refer to this help document Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Acrobat DC for more information on Acrobat DC.

Let us know if you are referring to something else or need any other help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for getting back to me Meehakshi,

No - it's not password protected.  The issue is that I can only get to the other pages in the document by clicking on the Contents page hyperlinks.  Please see an example via this DropBox link: Dropbox - MAG4.2Form.pdf

I'd be ever so grateful for your help.

Best wishes

Colin 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Sorry to give you a wee nudge.  I wonder if you had an idea how I might be able to solve this one?

Best wishes

Colin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I have checked the PDF that you have shared above.

The PDF has some restrictions applied to it which are hindering the conversion of the links to Word file.

Sorry to say it is not possible to Export the PDF with active links.

If you wish to export each section of the PDF into the Word file, you can use the workaround mentioned below.

Open a section at a time and export it to Word file one by one.

Then, later on, you can merge all the Word files.

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for looking into this for me Meenakshi.

Do you know if there are any tools to automatically click on the link, rather than having to do it by hand?

Best regards.

Colin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By click on the link I mean open each section ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 2
Resources