• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick start section is blank

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use my annual acrobat subscription to export a pdf file to Excel. I have used this successfully many times in the past, but not for a few months, and when I now log in I get taken to a mainly blank screen, with nothing in the "Quick Start" section. I am using Internet Explorer 11, but am getting the same result if I try to use Chrome (which appears to be an up to date version of Chrome). I've spoken to the technical helpdesk at Adobe but they said they could not assist, and that the forum was the only place to get help for this type of issue.

If anyone has any ideas as to what might be wrong I'd be very grateful!

Many thanks

Message was edited by: Stuart Preston I should have added that I am using Windows 7 Professional.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Many thanks for your suggestions Akanchha. I'm trying to connect to the Adobe site using my works laptop which has no doubt got  internet security software installed by the company I work for and I think they'll shoot me if I ask them to turn it off. I tried clearing the Chrome cookies but it hasn't worked unfortunately. I also downloaded Firefox but when I try to go to the Adobe site via Firefox I get a message warning me that it's an unsafe site...  never mind, I will contact our IT department

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stuartp,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

As mentioned, you have not been able to get the Document Cloud web interface correctly neither through IE nor through Chrome. Is there any specific change that you have made in your system like: installing MS update or changing networks?

This issue generally arises, either because of the web browser or network environment. You may try the following steps:

1- Reboot your computer first.

2- Since chrome and IE didn't work, then try with Firefox once. Or reset the cache and cookies of chrome and check back.

3- If you have got internet security software installed, then turn it off for a while.

[Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install or activate other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.]

4- Switch the internet connection to some other one E.g hotspot

Related Helpx: An error occurred while trying to access the service | unable to connect to PDF services

Let us know if still there isn't any progress.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your suggestions Akanchha. I'm trying to connect to the Adobe site using my works laptop which has no doubt got  internet security software installed by the company I work for and I think they'll shoot me if I ask them to turn it off. I tried clearing the Chrome cookies but it hasn't worked unfortunately. I also downloaded Firefox but when I try to go to the Adobe site via Firefox I get a message warning me that it's an unsafe site...  never mind, I will contact our IT department and see if they can suggest anything.  I very much appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out, so thanks again. Regards. Stuartp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Stuartp,

I Appreciate that you took out time to update the discussion.

I work for and I think they'll shoot me if I ask them to turn it off. I tried clearing the Chrome cookies but it hasn't worked unfortunately. I also downloaded Firefox but when I try to go to the Adobe site via Firefox I get a message warning me that it's an unsafe site...

Hahaha.. in that case I would never ever recommend you to turn-off the security software. To me it seems to be a case of too much security settings which are enabled on your network, which definitely can be looked by IT department. As per the Firefox message, It could be site blocker which isn't letting it to connect properly with your network.

For testing, you can bypass the message appeared on Firefox as its not an unsafe site. There must be something to click on "I trust" or "Proceed anyway"

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources