• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Conversion failure" messages when I try to upload PDFs to combine into one file

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting "conversion failure" error messages on some of my documents when I try to combine PDFs.  It says the file is password protected, encrypted, or in a file format that cannot be loaded to be combined.  The files are in the same format as the other ones that are loading fine.  It's really frustrating because this is the reason I purchased the PDF pack, to be able to combine the PDFs, and now it isn't working.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Hi Ja,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query.

As the error message mentioned above, that pdfs are either password protected, encrypted or in other format. So, if the format is correct and pdfs are password protected the combine pdf would return an error.

• You may check if the any of the pdf is either secured or password protected? Right click on the document>Document Properties>Security
  • You can also share the files with us, we can check the same for you at our end.

"You can share the file wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ja,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query.

As the error message mentioned above, that pdfs are either password protected, encrypted or in other format. So, if the format is correct and pdfs are password protected the combine pdf would return an error.

• You may check if the any of the pdf is either secured or password protected? Right click on the document>Document Properties>Security
  • You can also share the files with us, we can check the same for you at our end.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

• Still getting conversion failure error, so please check with different web browser or turn the internet security software off for a while and check back.

[Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install or activate other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources