• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: convert PDF Maker to Excel format

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  Will convert PDF to Excel.  Excel file now has all data in Column A instead of multiple columns like the PDF file.  The conversion is completely worthless in this export format.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jims,

As mentioned that the data of converted file is not in the format you are expecting it to be. So is it happening with only one document or this is the result with multiple pdf?

1- Try with a different pdf than current one and see the result.

2-  The conversion of pdf to excel might or might not give the accurate result, so for more details you may read the similar article here- My pdf won't convert correctly to excel (Export PDF)

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non contattatemi piu.Federico  Rita

Inviato da smartphone Samsung Galaxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akanchha,

Thank you for your reply.  I saved an Excel document to PDF, then used Adobe to convert back to Excel.  This process did work better, although the converted spreadsheet added many columns and “Merge & Center” on data fields.  This will take much cleanup to fix so that columns can be correctly calculated.

I think the problem on my previous PDF to Excel conversion attempt was that the PDF was a scanned document.  It would be my guess that Adobe was not able to read the actual document, but instead viewed it as a picture?  Anyway, the Excel conversion of the scanned document put all the data in Column A which was completely useless.

I hope this information helps.  Let me know if you have any ideas on how to improve either of these scenarios.

Thanks.

Jim Schildt

[Personal information removed by the moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim,

Thanks for sharing the additional information.

The very first steps that you have shared, which is process of creating a pdf file from Excel has actually impacted the quality of converted document. Because the subscription you have with us doesn't help you creating the pdf file. So when you save a excel sheet as pdf, then MS Excel uses its own mechanism  of creating pdf file format. On which we don't have any hold on, also the formatting also might not give appropriate result.

You have also shared that the original pdf was a scanned document, if that document doesn't contain the real text in it then the converted pdf format would also not be editable.

If the original file has real text in it, then  Export pdf service has a capability to run OCR and convert the scanned pdf to searchable file format.

So you mainly need to check the way original pdf was created.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.  I will run new tests.

Thanks.

Jim Schildt

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Akanchha,

I tried a couple of new tests and got varying results.  The first step (common to all these new tests) was to scan documents to a text readable PDF format.  That was a huge help!

•   I scanned a text document to PDF and converted to Word.  Worked GREAT!!

•   I also converted the same PDF to Excel.  It put everything in Column A.  I tried the Excel “Text to Columns” using Fixed Width.  Some success. Some problems

•   I scanned a VERY SIMPLE spreadsheet printout to PDF and converted to Excel.  Worked GREAT!!

•   I scanned a more complex computer printout that was in column format.  I converted to Word.  Worked pretty well!  I could <Ctrl F> search for items!

•   I also converted the same printout to Excel.  It did try to separate into columns, but Adobe added many unneeded columns and merged many data fields.  It would take much cleanup to make this a useable document.  If I am dealing with a couple pages of data, then this would be okay.  However, dealing with multiple pages of data makes this conversion worthless.

Thanks for your help.  We have some progress.  It might not be perfect, but it is better than before.

Thanks.

Jim Schildt

[Personal information removed by the moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources