• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning old books

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Acrobat DC would be the answer. I'm scanning old books and then hoping to transform the text and line drawings into crisp black modern text & clean white paper or this not the right program/software ? I've gone through the Tuts but everything is geared to modern new documents. Thx 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Hi Stevesculptor,

What you are looking for, can be achieved using Adobe Acrobat DC as it has the ability to run the OCR (optical character recognition) which would help you editing the text of scanned document.

But it also depends on the type of file you start with. As mentioned that its a old book, so the actual fonts used to create the books should be embedded to edit the document in Acrobat DC.

For detailed information, you may refer to the help document here- Edit scanned documents |

Also, for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stevesculptor,

What you are looking for, can be achieved using Adobe Acrobat DC as it has the ability to run the OCR (optical character recognition) which would help you editing the text of scanned document.

But it also depends on the type of file you start with. As mentioned that its a old book, so the actual fonts used to create the books should be embedded to edit the document in Acrobat DC.

For detailed information, you may refer to the help document here- Edit scanned documents |

Also, for testing you may use the 7-days free trial of Adobe Acrobat DC and see whether the result is up to the mark or not.

Download Adobe Acrobat free trial | Acrobat Pro DC

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RE; Acrobat DC

HI All, I am finding AA DC brill for editing. Can anyone tell me how to exchange fonts (quickly i.e. shortcuts) while in Edit PDF instead of having to scroll down the font list to change in every chapter! (scanning old books)

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources