Highlighted

Should Adobe reveal Export PDF limitations upfront?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have unfortunately wasted an hour discovering that Adobe DC's Export PDF feature does not work with pdf files created from other sources.  I download statements from banks, credit card companies, utilities, etc.  I have found the need to convert the contents to spreadsheets.  I do have an older version of Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro (9.5.5).  I have used its select feature to copy as table or open table in spreadsheet successfully.

Export PDF will take a pdf, convert it to a xlsx file, but the xlsx file cannot be opened.  Excel returns the error message "File is corrupt and cannot be opened."  Support wasted 45 minutes asking superfluous questions until they finally asked for both the xlsx and source pdf file.  That is when I was told, "I am sorry I have checked your file and the pdf producer of the file is XenosD2evision v2 not Adobe pdf so it can not converted"

That is a significant limitation that should be made clear upfront.  Is the average person expected to know the producer of their bank's pdf files, especially when the bank offers a convenient link to Adobe Acrobat Reader?  IMHO this is a bait and switch situation when there is no evaluation / trial copy and your only choice is to subscribe for a feature that fails to deliver.  I now have to wait a week or more for a refund.  Why can I export as an Excel table (xml) in Acrobat 9 Pro, but not this new product?

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Should Adobe reveal Export PDF limitations upfront?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have unfortunately wasted an hour discovering that Adobe DC's Export PDF feature does not work with pdf files created from other sources.  I download statements from banks, credit card companies, utilities, etc.  I have found the need to convert the contents to spreadsheets.  I do have an older version of Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro (9.5.5).  I have used its select feature to copy as table or open table in spreadsheet successfully.

Export PDF will take a pdf, convert it to a xlsx file, but the xlsx file cannot be opened.  Excel returns the error message "File is corrupt and cannot be opened."  Support wasted 45 minutes asking superfluous questions until they finally asked for both the xlsx and source pdf file.  That is when I was told, "I am sorry I have checked your file and the pdf producer of the file is XenosD2evision v2 not Adobe pdf so it can not converted"

That is a significant limitation that should be made clear upfront.  Is the average person expected to know the producer of their bank's pdf files, especially when the bank offers a convenient link to Adobe Acrobat Reader?  IMHO this is a bait and switch situation when there is no evaluation / trial copy and your only choice is to subscribe for a feature that fails to deliver.  I now have to wait a week or more for a refund.  Why can I export as an Excel table (xml) in Acrobat 9 Pro, but not this new product?

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 24, 2016 0

Have something to add?