Highlighted

Some of my pdf files I try to reduce and they don't.

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I write patterns in InDesign and some of the files are fairly large when I convert them into a pdf. Usually I am able to save as a reduced file, but sometimes they will not reduce. Any reason why that would be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Some of my pdf files I try to reduce and they don't.

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I write patterns in InDesign and some of the files are fairly large when I convert them into a pdf. Usually I am able to save as a reduced file, but sometimes they will not reduce. Any reason why that would be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tlischko,

What is the exact process that you have been following after conversion of file?

Did you try the "Save" or "Save As"?

Save As has an enormous effect after major changes to a file. Obviously it will have no effect if you have previously done a save as.

Save - always makes file bigger.

Save As - reclaims unused space, removes deleted objects.

Let us know in details if you are referring to something else.

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2017 0
tlischko LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always first save my PDF file as it won't let me reduce it until it is saved full size. I then save as: reduced file. Sometimes it tells me I can't do it either because there is another file with the same name (even though I try to save it with a different name) or I can't save it in the same folder. Even then it will not always reduce the file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2017 0
Resources