• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync reading position across devices with Document Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to sync reading position across devices with Document Cloud? I read PDF books stored in Document Cloud on my laptop using Acrobat Reader DC, and Acrobat Reader on my Android phone and tablet, and I would like the reading position to sync across all devices for PDFs stored in Document Cloud. If I open a document in my tablet, I would like to pick up where I left off on my laptop, much like how Kindle and Google Play books keep reading positions synced across devices. This does not happen with Acrobat Reader and Document Cloud. Am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

There's a big technical difference between how Google Play and Kindle work and how the Adobe Cloud works.

You can submit a feature request here: Acrobat for Windows and Mac: Top (1045 ideas) – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

and/or here Acrobat Reader for Android: Top (279 ideas) – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a big technical difference between how Google Play and Kindle work and how the Adobe Cloud works.

You can submit a feature request here: Acrobat for Windows and Mac: Top (1045 ideas) – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

and/or here Acrobat Reader for Android: Top (279 ideas) – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

The issue is that many publishers sell e-books in PDF format, and I would like the same convenience while reading them as I have with e-books published for Google Play or Kindle.

I would have thought Acrobat Reader and Document Cloud had this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second  this, as try67's response doesn't really change the fact that Adobe Reader does not sync the last page read across devices. The PDF will sync with my android and iPad to the last page for either, yet my PC is on its own when using the cloud. Has there been any response to this yet?? I checked the forum and there's no answer there either after a year of posting the issue and hearing they will reply...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to second this as well. I use PC, Android, and iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2021 and Adobe is way behind on ereading.

* No reading progress sync

* Cluttered UI

* Poor ePUB, MOBI, CBR, CBZ support

* Abandoned touchscreen app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 and this feature still hasn't been updated? 
Is there even an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can mark the reading position with comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources