• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Adobe Acrobat DC Add-in Send & Track It causing Outlook O365 2016 to freeze.

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

The past few weeks we have had users that have Adobe Cloud Subscription and have Adobe Acrobat DC Installed where when sending e-mails in the Outlook Client , Outlook would freeze.  Disabling the Adobe Send & Track It Add-in, Outlook works all ok.

Are there any known issues with the add-in and Office 2016 O365 installations?

Also is there a way to disable the add-in from Outlook (I am thinking GPO) however this is tied in the application... so not sure if possible but I wanted to check?

If you need additional information please let me know

Thanks in advance

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Hello M.schmitt,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. There is no such know issue with the Adobe Send and Track causing Outlook to freeze or crash, it seems to be environment specifics as repairing outlook is fixing the issue.

Please install the latest patch of Adobe Acrobat from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products and see if this brings any difference.

For testing purpose, if possible connect the machine to a different network environment like a guest netwo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ton,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. AS per the description above, Outlook 365 is crashing due to Adobe Send&Track add-in, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference.

If the add-in is embedded in the Group Policy, it cannot be removed manually.

Try repairing Outlook once from the control panel, and also install the latest/pending updates of the operating system and see if this brings any difference.

You can also refer to Adobe Send & Track for Outlook, Acrobat

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. If the Adobe Send & Track plugin is enabled, attempting to create a new message freezes Outlook.

Acrobat > Help > Check for Updates says no updates are available.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20038

Microsoft Outlook 2013 32-bit

Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello M.schmitt,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference.

Make sure that you have the latest updates of Outlook installed and for Windows Operating system as well. Try repairing Outlook once from Control Panel>Program and Features>Highlight Outlook>Right-Click and Repair.

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the listed steps. No joy, still have the problem.

Note that the problem I'm seeing isn't a crash, or permanent freeze. What seems to be happening is that opening a New Message (and certain other actions) cause Outlook to become non-responsive for a long time, such as 30 seconds.  You can easily see this by clicking on a message in the Drafts folder: each time you click on a different message, it freezes for 30 seconds. Without Adobe Send & Track the response is instantaneous.

At first I thought the problem was fixed by the Office Repair step; after doing that there was no problem. But the fix didn't last; after a while the problem was back.

The only correlation I noticed was that after the Office Repair, Outlook needed to re-index several thousand messages.

• While Outlook was re-indexing, there was no response time problem with Adobe Send & Track enabled.
  • After Outlook finished re-indexing, the Adobe Send & Track problem was back.

If this is a true correlation then it means that the Office Repair was not really the fix. The re-indexing was just a side effect; probably caused by Outlook re-caching Inbox messages from the Exchange server.

But maybe it is just a coincidence.

Another thought I had was maybe Adobe Send & Track is trying to do some kind of direct network access to Adobe, and then timing out after 30 seconds.  Direct network access won't work; access to the public Internet is blocked by a firewall; access must go through a proxy server, as directed by a proxy auto-config file.  But nothing stood out when I checked a network trace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello M.schmitt,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. There is no such know issue with the Adobe Send and Track causing Outlook to freeze or crash, it seems to be environment specifics as repairing outlook is fixing the issue.

Please install the latest patch of Adobe Acrobat from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products and see if this brings any difference.

For testing purpose, if possible connect the machine to a different network environment like a guest network or a mobile hotspot and check.

let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening here, just installed Acrobat DC, Send & Track causing periodic freezes in latest Outlook 2016 Version 1806 (Build 10228.20134 Click-to-Run). I am on the Monthly Channel. I am running Office 32-bit on Windows 10 64-bit. Acrobat DC says no updates available and installed 18.011.20055. Quick Repairing Office 2016 made no difference. Running full Online Repair of Office 2016 made no difference.

The repeated useless answers from Anand Sri are really, really annoying, and shows Adobe having no customer respect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello PeteMWilson,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. The issue is not reproducible at our end on any platform and it is environment specific issue, and due to this, suggestions are working for a few users and for some, it's not.

If all the suggestions shared above are not fixing the issue for you, please contact the Acrobat technical support team over chat or call so that they can schedule a remote session to investigate more and assist you in a better manner. Contact Customer Care

I am sorry that my responses annoyed you, however, few of our users have confirmed that the suggestions have fixed the issue for them on other forums thread.

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please explain the steps I need to take to make my outlook send and receive. I'm not great at technology, so please make each step easy to understand.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources