Highlighted

There was an error opening this document. A file error has occurred.

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having an issue with opening PDF files on my computer. I am running macOS Catilina 10.15.6 on a 2017 Macbook Air and version 2020.012.20048 of Adobe Acrobat Reader. I recently started viewing and editing PDFs for school on my 2018 iPad Pro 9.7". All of these PDFs are on the Document Cloud. After reading through and editing PDFs on the iPad, I can no longer open them on the Macbook. I get an error that reads "There was an error opening this document. A file error has occurred." What is happening? How can I open them on my computer now?? I appreciate any and all replies.

Thanks.

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

There was an error opening this document. A file error has occurred.

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having an issue with opening PDF files on my computer. I am running macOS Catilina 10.15.6 on a 2017 Macbook Air and version 2020.012.20048 of Adobe Acrobat Reader. I recently started viewing and editing PDFs for school on my 2018 iPad Pro 9.7". All of these PDFs are on the Document Cloud. After reading through and editing PDFs on the iPad, I can no longer open them on the Macbook. I get an error that reads "There was an error opening this document. A file error has occurred." What is happening? How can I open them on my computer now?? I appreciate any and all replies.

Thanks.

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 2
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar thing here not sure if I have done something inadvertently, I can't open any docs in Adobe Document Cloud on Mac Pro running Lastest OSX 10.15.7;  tried both Acrobat DC and Reader DC and get the same error you specify.  Earlier I had been viewing a few pdfs on iPhone DC apps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 2
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I seem to have traced this back to Cloud sign-in on Mac Pro app.

No idea specifically how I fixed the above but I rather randomly tried to sign out, then reinstalled Acrobat DC back onto Mac using the link to reinstall from Adobe web account, then rebooted Adobe Creative Cloud on Mac and rebooted Acrobat DC once again and Document Cloud docs were then readable on Mac. I had also cleared a few caches and cleared my recent list along the way so this is not a definite fix and it is certainly not step-by-step. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Resources