• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Total size of assets exceeds limit. error JSON

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a link with 2 files, 133MB and 325MB in size, the link works fine.  When I create a link with 2 files 180MB and 325MB in size, and try to download using that link, I get the following response:

{"error": {"code": "TooBig", "message": "Total size of assets exceeds limit.", "details": {"total_size": 529672703, "limit": "max_total_size"}}}

Clearly, there is a (new to me) 500MB asset limit now imposed by the server.  The error JSON is uncaught by the client code.

My question is, is the 500MB now Adobe Document Cloud policy?

If so, it greatly limits the utility of the service for me.  I have used this service for years, transferring many GBs of data.  So if Adobe is going to impose new limits, say so in an email.  And please, fix your client to catch error messages and display them properly.

BTW, a single file of 539MB works just fine.

I just did a test where I zipped a file and uploaded it to Document Cloud--1.2GB.  As a single file, I could create a link and download it just fine.  So the 500MB limit only seems to apply to multiple files, no single files.  This restores the utility of the service for me.  At least there's a workaround for the (seemingly arbitrary) 500MB limit for multiple files.  My guess is that this is not an official Adobe limitation, but a server-side uncaught exception.

-Tony Hatch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?