Highlighted

Unable to delete PDF from Document Cloud

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently started using Adobe Document Cloud as a means to share files during the pandemic--so forgive me if I am asking a silly question.

So far, I am able to delete files I have shared in the Document Cloud which I no longer need--except for one. I attempted to delete it a few days ago, and it gave me an error, so I thought I would just check back later, but it is still being listed in my Shared by You documents. When I open the file, I get an error message that says "This operation cannot be performed as the shared document has been moved or no longer exists", but it still allows me to open it. When I click "Delete Shared File", a message pops up that says "File Not Found. The file you are trying to access could not be found. The file may have been deleted or moved in another session." I own the file, and I have not moved it anywhere. How do I delete this file?

TOPICS
Manage files, Share PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to delete PDF from Document Cloud

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently started using Adobe Document Cloud as a means to share files during the pandemic--so forgive me if I am asking a silly question.

So far, I am able to delete files I have shared in the Document Cloud which I no longer need--except for one. I attempted to delete it a few days ago, and it gave me an error, so I thought I would just check back later, but it is still being listed in my Shared by You documents. When I open the file, I get an error message that says "This operation cannot be performed as the shared document has been moved or no longer exists", but it still allows me to open it. When I click "Delete Shared File", a message pops up that says "File Not Found. The file you are trying to access could not be found. The file may have been deleted or moved in another session." I own the file, and I have not moved it anywhere. How do I delete this file?

TOPICS
Manage files, Share PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 31, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue where documents I delete keep coming back.  How do i stop this? I have checked settings.  I delete them and a few days later when i go back in they are there again. Very annoying and a security issue as some may contain sensitive information i want gone......unsettling to my confidence in the security of the adobe cloud that my docs i delete are still being backed up somewhere and restored.     How do i stop this.......

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came to post this exact message.  I'm having the same issue.  In the last 4 months, I have shared/deleted upwards of 500 PDFs.  But I have 7 that I get this exact same message with.  I like to keep things organized and it is really annoying me that I can't delete these items out of my Cloud (Shared by you tab).  

Any follow up on this error?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jchargan

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to delete the files from the cloud (Shared by you tab)

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to delete the files also share the screenshot of the error message that you get, for a better understanding?

Also, please try the following steps and see if that helps

1. Go to document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/
  2. click Document Shared By You. All the files shared by you are displayed.
  3. To view the details of a file, select the file. In the right pane, Delete Shared File deletes the file permanently from Adobe Document Cloud.

For more information please look at the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html#track_shared_files

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal, thanks for reaching out.

Here is what I do when I am ready to delete the files (I use the desktop
app).

1. Open the shared PDF
2. Save a copy of the PDF to our local network
3. Click "Delete Shared File"
4. Click "Delete File" on the confirmation popup

On the ones that won't delete, they no longer open.

I get this error message when I try to open them in the desktop app:
[image: image.png]
I get this error message when I try to open them on the Adobe Document
Cloud web app:

I get this error message when I try to delete a problem document in the
desktop app:

On the web page, when I go to the document tab, when I select just one of
these PDFs that won't delete, an option to "Delete Shared File" does not
appear on the right side:
When I select a second file to delete (of the ones I am unable to delete),
the option appears:
However, I still get a failure to delete message:

As I mentioned in my comment, I have done this process with hundreds of
PDFs - it is just a handful of them I am unable to delete. This just
bothers me from an organizational standpoint because I'd like to get them
out of the way.

Thanks for your help with this.

[P.I Removed By Moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I replied via email, and it stripped out the images - I'll repost it here.

Here is what I do when I am ready to delete the files (I use the desktop app).

1. Open the shared PDF
2. Save a copy of the PDF to our local network
3. Click "Delete Shared File"
4. Click "Delete File" on the confirmation popup

On the ones that won't delete, they no longer open.

I get this error message when I try to open them in the desktop app:
open in adobe desktop.png
I get this error message when I try to open them on the Adobe Document Cloud web app:
open in adobe cloud.png
I get this error message when I try to delete a problem document in the desktop app:
delete in adobe desktop.png

On the web page, when I go to the document tab, when I select just one of these PDFs that won't delete, an option to "Delete Shared File" does not appear on the right side:
delete one in adobe cloud.png
When I select a second file to delete (of the ones I am unable to delete), the option appears:
delete multiple in adobe cloud.png
However, I still get a failure to delete message:
delete in adobe cloud failure message.png

As I mentioned in my comment, I have done this process with hundreds of PDFs - it is just a handful of them I am unable to delete. This just bothers me from an organizational standpoint because I'd like to get them out of the way.

Thanks for your help with this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Resources