Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am all the sudden unable to open my PDF documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Richk,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

When you say all of the sudden you are unable to open the pdf document, what does it actually mean? Are you using Adobe Reader to open pdf files? And when you try to open pdf does it gives any error to you or it just stays frozen?

• If you are using Adobe Reader to open/view your pdfs, do you have the latest version of the application installed in your machine?
  • You may check which version of Adobe Reader you have? Open Reader>Help>About Adobe Reader
  • If its not up to date then you may install the latest patch released- Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader
  • Related help document- Can't open PDF

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out from support that I had Adobe 'stalled' and had to close it out in task manager.  Thanks for your reply.

Rich Kraybill

[Personal information removed by the moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rich,

Thank you for the updates and your finding.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I clicked on your link to the posting, I couldn't see how to update it.  If you are able to please do for me.  I do not want to keep someone else with a similar problem 'hanging'.

Rich Kraybill  MBA, CSA

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rich,

The link should work for you Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader . You may install the most recent update- DC Oct 2018 (19.008.20071)

You can also try- Open Acrobat> Help>Check for update

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe does not open pdfs into word - always used to work fine! how to fix asap???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi  92310596 

Adobe doesn't open the pdf into word- what does it mean? I assume you are referring to the pdf to word conversion?

What is the exact version of Adobe Reader you are working on? Open Adobe Reader>Help>About Acrobat DC

Check the update or manually install it through Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader if that doesn't fix the issue, then you may use cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs 

And reinstall Reader- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions 

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources