Highlighted

'Unsupported file' error when I combine PDF

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to combine a few PDF documents, I get the error 'unsupported file' for each one of them. The kicker is that I combined these exact files just two weeks back. I tried restarting my computer, loggin on and off Adobe, copying the files to a different location but nothing works.

TOPICS
Combine files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

'Unsupported file' error when I combine PDF

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to combine a few PDF documents, I get the error 'unsupported file' for each one of them. The kicker is that I combined these exact files just two weeks back. I tried restarting my computer, loggin on and off Adobe, copying the files to a different location but nothing works.

TOPICS
Combine files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NMB0073

One workaround I found was to upload the file(s) to your document cloud then combine, rather than selecting the "Combine Files" tool in the document cloud. 

1. Browse to  https://documentcloud.adobe.com/
  2. Select "Upload a File" about halfway down on the web page
  3. Using your file explorer, select the files(s) you want to upload (and eventually merge).
  4. Once they are uploaded, click the square box next to the files
  5. In the tray on the right side of the screen, click combine files.

Hopefully that works for you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
Resources