• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use of Google/Chrome for Adobe products

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I, and/or when can I access Document Cloud or any other Adobe product when using Chrome/Google? This is honestly not good service for your customers that this is not accessible unless I use Safari. IE, EE may be available, but I don't use those. I would like to access them from Google/ChromeG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Hi Kimberly,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per the description above, you want to use the Adobe Acrobat Product/Document Cloud from Chrome and want to open online PDF files in Chrome, is that correct?

You can configure your Browser i.e. Chrome to open online PDF files, follow the instructions in the link: Configure browser to use the Adobe PDF plug-in to open online PDF files

You can also open PDFs in Acrobat Reader from Chrome by installing the Acrobat Reader Chrome extension: Open PDFs in Acrobat Reader from Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kimberly,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per the description above, you want to use the Adobe Acrobat Product/Document Cloud from Chrome and want to open online PDF files in Chrome, is that correct?

You can configure your Browser i.e. Chrome to open online PDF files, follow the instructions in the link: Configure browser to use the Adobe PDF plug-in to open online PDF files

You can also open PDFs in Acrobat Reader from Chrome by installing the Acrobat Reader Chrome extension: Open PDFs in Acrobat Reader from Chrome

As per the records, you have an active subscription of Acrobat Pro DC on the Adobe ID you used to sign in on Forums.

You can make Acrobat Pro DC as a default owner of PDF, you may refer to the Forums thread: Acrobat X Pro default viewer  or Associate PDF files to always open in Acrobat or Reader on Windows 10

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. You sent a links for Win 10, is there anything specifically for Mac users?

Regards,

Kimberly Perry Price

[Moderator: Private Info. removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kimberly,

The steps are similar in Mac and Windows OS to make Acrobat as Default owner of PDF.

You may refer to the following link to make Acrobat as default PDF owner in Mac: How do I make Adobe Reader my default PDF app.? |Official Apple Support Communities

Or can try the below steps:

1. Right-Click on any pdf file.

2. From the menu that appears, Select Open With -> Choose Program

3. Now browse and select Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from the available programs

4. Check the Checkbox present at the bottom of the list that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and press OK.

Let me know if this is helpful.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks

Regards,

Kimberly Perry Price

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see A DC when I open with, but then there's a drop down for AR. I cannot select anything by just clicking A DC, I'm forced to select reader. Will this still open the A DC?

Regards,

Kimberly Perry Price

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kimberly,

Please select Acrobat Pro DC from the list.

And, if possible, please uninstall the Acrobat Reader DC as it's a free Adobe software and use the Acrobat Pro DC.

If you still face any issue, please share a screenshot of the error/message/popup you are getting. To send the screenshot: How to share a document

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure this out. I changed the settings in Chrome, now trying to open the doc, it keeps opening PDF filler. I don't get options for anything except to allow

Regards,

Kimberly Perry Price

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pro DC is not on my computer. This is the hierarchy

Adobe Acrobat DC

Acrobat Distiller

Acrobat Uninstaller

Adobe Acrobat

Regards,

Kimberly Perry Price

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kimberly,

Please download and install the Acrobat Pro DC from https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

During the installation process, choose Trial and finish the installation, then sign in with your Adobe Id and password to activate it on your Mac computer.

Before installation, please uninstall the Acrobat Reader from the computer and reboot it.

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Goodnight

Regards,

Kimberly Perry Price

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources