• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do I need to create PDF files on my iPad?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in trying to resolve the frustration I am having in using Adobe Reader for iOS to create PDFs (without having to pay Adobe another 25% of my current Creative Cloud subscription....) I logged a sales eqnuiry via Adobe website.

I get a call back withint a couple of hours. Not bad.

He immediately asks how many computers I have enabled for my Creative Cloud account. Only one, I say.

Well, he says, then you can install Creative Cloud on your iPad.

No I can't, I said - Creative Cloud for iPad is a very skinny client, only handles Photoshop, and view some file formats. Not a full Acrobat function.

Oh, he says, let em check. Eventually comes back. Yes, you are right he says. You have to pay us another $15 per month on top of the $50 per month Creative Crowd (even though CC already includes Acrobat Pro) you already pay, just so you can create PDFs on your iPad.

That's ridiculous, I say - Adobe does not know how customers want to use your products. More people are going to use a desktop plus tablet - or laptop only. But if I have a desktop and a laptop I can have Creative Cloud on both. I accept that they are different OS, but don't make excuses like "Acrobat.com is a different product to Acrobat Pro" - I already pay for the latter in my CC subscription, so why should I be price gouged another 25%? Makes Adobe look plain greedy - and still they don't want to pay tax in Australia....

If it was no more than $5 per month on top of the CC subscription, maybe I would go for it - but anything more is DAYLIGHT ROBBERY in my opinion. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Hi GrattanGuru,

You have creative cloud subscription as you have mentioned. Under Adobe Reader to convert PDF to other formats Adobe offers online service called Acrobat.com services: https://www.acrobat.com/en_us.html

That would be the reason support person might have told you on call, that you have to pay for that service.

Under creative cloud you are getting Adobe applications. However under Acrobat.com you are getting online services which are providing Acrobat functions online.

Regards,

Ajlan Hu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GrattanGuru,

You have creative cloud subscription as you have mentioned. Under Adobe Reader to convert PDF to other formats Adobe offers online service called Acrobat.com services: https://www.acrobat.com/en_us.html

That would be the reason support person might have told you on call, that you have to pay for that service.

Under creative cloud you are getting Adobe applications. However under Acrobat.com you are getting online services which are providing Acrobat functions online.

Regards,

Ajlan Huda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources