• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the shortcut command for highlighting text?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a shortcut command for highlighting text (as opposed to right-click, highlight)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Hi Scottf67536726,

To enable single-key shortcuts, open the Preferences dialog box (Edit > Preferences), and under General, select the Use Single-Key Accelerators To Access Tools option.

After making changes in preferences you can use Shift+U key for highlighting.

For more information please refer to the help document- Keyboard shortcuts for Adobe Acrobat DC

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scottf67536726,

To enable single-key shortcuts, open the Preferences dialog box (Edit > Preferences), and under General, select the Use Single-Key Accelerators To Access Tools option.

After making changes in preferences you can use Shift+U key for highlighting.

For more information please refer to the help document- Keyboard shortcuts for Adobe Acrobat DC

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"After making changes in preferences you can use Shift+U key for highlighting."

That does not work. Both "U" and "Shift+U" merely select the tool while deselecting whatever one may have previously selected. Compare this to MS Word or any other text editor where there are key strokes that will highlight, italicize, underline, or strikethrough the current selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Urhixidur,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please share the Acrobat and OS version details?

Also. let us know what happens when you use the Keyshortuct "U". It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording.

We will get the behavior checked.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Urhixidur,

Could you please share the Acrobat and OS version details?

Also. let us know what happens when you use the Keyshortuct "U". It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording.

We will get the behavior checked.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank God I found this. I highlight lectures all day (medical school) I spend so much time switching between text inserts and different highlight colors.... the frustration that their adobe didn't have hotkeys was eating at me... turns out the hotkeys were there, I just needed to activate them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friend

I'm glad you found a solution to your frustration! Discovering the hotkeys for text inserts and highlight colors in Adobe has surely made your lecture highlighting process much smoother.Free Fire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank heavens for this question and answer - I've been wracking my brains for ages trying to work it out. I obviously have no control on how Acrobat is programmed but, if this hugely necessary shortcut is turned off by default, it really should be made far, far easier to find how to turn it on.

For most people that aren't power-users of Adobe products, "single-key accelerators" is a very oblique term for what should really say something ending with ".... shortcuts".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These shortcuts/accelerators only do half the job. The (H) key merely activates the highlight button; if you had a piece of text selected, instead of highlighting it, it will deselect it and then turn your cursor into a highlighting one. For that workflow, it's useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Urhixidur,

Please refer to the following help document for Keyboard Shortcut for the Acrobat application: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html

If you're looking for some specific workflow, let us know.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, I am very frustrated. When commenting on text, I can select text using the shift and arrow keys, but there is not shortcut to highlight or strikethrough.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADD to shortcut 

Customise quick tools ..... -->Comment-->Highlight text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That only serves to make the button appear on the quick tools toolbar. Read the original question again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources