• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I convert my word document to a pdf the links no longer work. How do I fix this?

Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I convert my word document to a pdf the links no longer work. How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Document Cloud PDF services​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi donnas27810130 ,

Would you let us know the application you are using to convert the word to PDF format?

Also, let us know the steps you have taken to convert the file? If you are using Acrobat DC to convert a file to PDF.

launch Acrobat> Edit> Preferences > General > Check "Create links from URLs"

Also, Convert to PDF > Microsoft Office Word, click on it, Click on "Edit Settings... " button. Make sure Add Links to PDF File is checked.

Regards,
Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this same problem.  When I convert a Word Document with hyperlinks included to a PDF the links work at first in the PDF document, but a few minutes later something happens and they disappear and are completely gone from the document.  I followed your instructions and my Adobe Acrobat Pro is already set to "Create links from URLs" and the Microsoft Office is already checked to "Add links to PDF Files"

I am using Office 365 and Acrabat Pro but it says Adobe Acrobat X Version 10.0.0

I have noticed that after I have saved a PDF document I get a little red dot on the document icon.  I have looked into that a little further and the document ends up being in protected mode.  I remove the protected mode but by then the links are all gone and I have to start over.  I don't know how to change so that it doesn't default to protected mode and delete all my links.  I'm not even sure these two instances are related, but it seems to be.  Only my pdfs that end up with that little red dot on the icon end up with all the links being gone.  

Do you know of a way to resolve this issue?  My IT department has tried to help several times but I keep getting the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources