• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did my font change when I uploaded a PDF to Acrobat?

Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded a PDF file to Acrobat so that I could open it in a URL. However, when I opened the file (on both Acrobat and in the URL format) the font had changed on the majority of it.  How can I fix this back to the original font?

TOPICS
Manage files , Share PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anj1832,

Do you know whether the fonts were embedded in that PDF file? You can check by opening the copy that's still on your computer  (not the one that you uploaded) and choosing File > Properties and clicking the Fonts tabs. If the fonts aren't embedded, you are most likely experiencing some font substitution issues.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

Yes, it says there are embedded fonts in the document.  How do I remove them?

Thanks!

-Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna,

Embedded fonts are a good thing! That means that Acrobat will have them to display text in the PDF that is formatted with those fonts. But now I'm curious why your fonts are changing. Did you convert the PDF file to Word, or simply upload it to Acrobat.com for online storage?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sara,

I saved the original Word document as a PDF.  Then I uploaded the PDF file to Acrobat, and the font changed.  The entire document is supposed to be Times New Roman, and it changed to something that looks completely different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's take a step back. How did you save the Word document as a PDF? What program did you use?

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Word, instead of clicking it to save as .docx, I selected PDF from the drop down box.  So the file name was "Design.pdf" instead of "Design.docx"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be willing to share both the Word and PDF files with me, so I can take a closer look? I'll send you a private message with my email address, so you can send them my way if you'd like.

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is all the help on this site COMPLETELY!!!! outdated and wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because ADOBE is c ra p and so are their support agents, thus we get this bs forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna,

If you are using Acrobat DC

Open Acrobat

go to edit<Preferences<Documents<remove the check for Save As optimizes for Fast Web View.

now try converting and saving the file.

Thanks,

Divya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I download ANY PDF file and open in Adobe Reader, it's fonts are being changed. How to remove the default display font for AdobeReader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My font has changed and I don't like it! How can it be changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is a 6 year old question, maggie_may_19, please describe your new problem in full detail with screen shots and the Adobe software and versions used. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources