• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why do images drop out when I convert from Word

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Office 365 and images drop out of my Word files when I convert to .pdf  (Acrobat Reader DC).  I have a deadline to have a book printed so this is urgent for me. I have read that there are issues with Office 365 and 32/64 bit formats with Mojave on Mac but do not understand which patch or plugin I should use.

When I ask the file to convert online, I get images, but it stuffs up fonts and pagination despite tight page breaks and formatting in Word on Office 365.  It's all highly labile and unpredictable.

I have tried everything I know and  am prepared to consider all options  including upgrading for a month  but I would prefer to get what I have working properly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MulberryWriter,

As you have mentioned above, when you convert Word file to .pdf using (Acrobat Reader DC) the images drop out. This process of creating .pdf file from a Word file would require a subscription based service for conversion.

Your Adobe account doesn't shows any active subscription in it. You had a PDF Pack subscription, which is now suspended.

• So, If you are converting the Word file to .PDF from MS word itself, then Adobe doesn't have any role in conversion, because MS Word uses its inbuilt PDF producer.
  • What is the exact workflow that you have followed to for conversion?  Quality of converted document depends on the quality of the word file you start with. Check with a different word file which contains images and try the conversion.
  • Use Acrobat DC's trial version to see if that gives an accurate result- Download Adobe Acrobat free trial | Acrobat Pro DC

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources