• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does convert return thin horizontal lines instead of text?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does convert return thin horizontal lines instead of text?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible there's no real text in the file, just images, or that there is text, but it's badly encoded.

Are you able to select the text when opening the file in Reader? If so, what happens when you copy it and paste it into another application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the your response. The document is readable in PDF and does not show anything but text.

In the result of attempting to convert it to WORD the few sort, thin lines appear, nothing else. I can copy the lines and paste them into a blank WORD document, but still there is no text.

Thanks.

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not talking about what you see, but about what the actual contents are. Please follow my instructions carefully.

Are you able to select, copy and paste the text from the PDF into another application and have it come out correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot copy from PDF with the version I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then it's not real text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources