• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Able to sign documents in stages & keep the portions of the document editable below the signatures?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company has a process where documents need to be signed in seperate stages and the sections under the last signature fields still need to remain editable. Is it possible to send out a PDF to for signatures and lock the PDF from the used signature fields up to the beginning of the document and keep the remaining fields underneath the signatures editable? These documents are essentially setup to be signed in two or more stages in this way. For example:

First Part of the Document

Signatures for the First Part of the Document

Second part of the Document (Edited after the signature above)

Signatures requested after the second part of the document is completed.

TOPICS
Adobe Sign forms , How to sign , Manage documents , Send documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same issue. I want to create a single document that requires different stages of approval from the same three people. These stages are: pre-test, mid-test and post-test. But I am finding the only way to complete it is a list of signers repeated three times but each repeated email counts as a different signer which makes the form a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

Ideally, one the first stage is complete, it would come back to me until I send it out again for the second stage of signatures. However, this doesn't seem to be possible in a single document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines