Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with Adobe Sign

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

How do I go about getting a BAA with Adobe/ Adobe Sign.  According to "Adobe Sign Technical Overview" (https://acrobat.adobe.com/content/dam/doc-cloud/en/pdfs/adobe-sign-technical-overview-uk.pdf ) "Adobe Sign is ready to support HIPAA compliance for any organization... and signs a business associate agreement (BAA) with Adobe."  The document does not elaborate on how to get a BAA with Adobe.  Thank you

Kenneth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Hi Ericn,

You will need to contact the Adobe Sign support team to get information on this.

They will be able to guide you and provide the necessary information.

I see that you are subscribed to Adobe Sign individual account.

For the subscribed account, find below the steps to contact support:

• Login to your Adobe Sign account directly via Sign In — e-signature and e-sign Software Solution — Adobe Sign

• Once logged in, check the upper right corner of the page and click the question mark icon.

• It

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kenneth - have you gotten an answer or figured this out yet?  I have the same question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This information can only be shared by Adobe Sign support team via phone or chat. So we request you to please contact Adobe Sign support team by logging into your account.

Click on the "?" icon at the upper right corner of the page and refer to your support options.

Also, you may contact to sales team following the contact information here- Adobe Sign – Plans and pricing for enterprise and individuals | Adobe Document Cloud

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to them.  They transferred me back to sales  - they transferred me to tech support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update on this?  Nobody at Adobe seems to know how to answer this question and cannot provide the document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did finally obtain a Signed Business Associate Agreement after much back and forth between me and their Service Desk.  Had to have some settings changed acc. to Adobe’s own Business Associate Agreement document which specified password length settings, time out settings, etc.  Some settings only the help desk people could change despite my being an Administrator.

Andrea Harkleroad, LCSW

Director of Operations

[Edited by moderator]

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and destroy all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a lengthy series of phone calls, I was told that BAAs are not available for anyone other than Enterprise account holders. Very Disappointing...strikes me as being right on the edge of bait and switch...claims that the document cloud is hipaa compliant or hipaa ready are very misleading to the extent that users cannot use the document cloud in a way that complies with hipaa unless they have an enterprise account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ericn,

You will need to contact the Adobe Sign support team to get information on this.

They will be able to guide you and provide the necessary information.

I see that you are subscribed to Adobe Sign individual account.

For the subscribed account, find below the steps to contact support:

• Login to your Adobe Sign account directly via Sign In — e-signature and e-sign Software Solution — Adobe Sign

• Once logged in, check the upper right corner of the page and click the question mark icon.

• It will re-direct you to the page where you get the option to create the support case or to start a chat with the team.

• If you've never logged in this way, use the forgot password option on the login link to set your password.

Hope that helps.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the chat person sent me to a link that does not have the actual BAA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a reason why Adobe does not want the answer publicly posted. Adobe's Individual and Teams plans offer the same protections and security as their Business plans. They are all HIPAA compliant, according to Adobe's own Account Executives. However, Adobe will not furnish a BAA unless you pay for a Business plan. Therefore, Adobe is holding the BAA for a $360 annual ransom. As a small business owner who uses Adobe CC almost every day of the week for digital and print solutions, I find this to be a disgusting tactic from a company that I admire and enjoy working with as I build my business. 

Adobe,

Can you answer a simple question for me? Will you offer less protections and be less ethical in the handling of HIPAA sensitive protected health information (PHI) for your Individual and Team customers than you would your Business plan customers? If the answer is no, then you're extorting your individual and team partners.

I eagerly await your response or deletion of this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those that are not aware, a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) is nothing more than a company or service stating they will ethically handle any HIPAA sensitive information that could be visible while conducting business with a company who must abide by HIPAA standards. A few examples include distributors who ship medical supplies to patients on behalf of a medical supply company (name and address are PHI), accountants who might see PHI while perusing financial statements/receivables, attorneys, etc. It's incredibly common and not a single supplier, distributor, or entity I do business with would consider charging a premium. Let alone a cloud-based company with very little, if any, human interaction with information we need signed, on a platform that is already complying with HIPAA-compliant encryption and security.

I'll be happy to pay $10-$15 a month for Adobe Sign. But, being forced to pay $39.99, billed annually AND with a three year commitment? This is beneath you, Adobe, and not consistent with your way of conducting business.

Adobe...you're as solid as they come. Your CC products are game-changers for small business owners willing to self-learn essential tools for online and print marketing. I've easily saved tens of thousands of dollars in the past 5 years using CC. It'd be easier to list what I don't use CC for in my business than what I do use it for.

Here's a piece of unsolicited advice: bundle Adobe Sign into CC. Consider the value it would offer customers not currently using CC who are simply looking for an e-sign solution. In a year's time, you would have so many hooks inside of their businesses that they could never leave for a standalone e-sign solution. DocuSign would be irrelevant in a few short years.

I'm not a forum poster. I honestly don't think I've ever commented in one, let alone negatively. That's how absurd this practice is on behalf of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted in an earlier post, what I was told today (2/28/2020) is that BAAs are not available to business account holders...only to enterprise account holders, which ups the cost substantially above $360.00.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this probably explains that whole thing. i am a business account holder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by Sales agent that Business and Enterprise accounts are ready to be HIPAA complaint.. he didn't mention anything about BAA but I guess that's what he meant. But again I have Adobe Pro DC account which comes with Individual Adobe Sign and learning that it's not HIPAA compliant or Adobe won't sign a BAA for it makes me look at other Adobe competitors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no other use for their "Enterprise Plan" other than obtaining the BAA. This is really hindering my ability to carrying out key clinical functions with my patients during the pandemic!!! In order to remain in compliance with HIPAA you need the BAA. I'm  dissapointed that Adobe is charing so much for a single user!!! The subscription for a single user is over $600 annually!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To date (1/27/21) I was told that in order to obtain a BAA, the Adobe licenses would need to be in the value of 25K or above. I was appalled by this! As many of you have already voiced here, how can a small business (such as myself being a solo mental health provider in private practice) afford that. I hope adobe hears/pay attention to this community board and does something about there pricing. Please take into consideration the small businees owners!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, I stand corrected (refering to the post just above this one). 2 sales rep. informed me that you would have to have 25K or above licenses/user at the business/enterprise level acct which cost $251.88/user/per year. So that is over 6 million dollars/per year. Adobe, PLEASE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was transferred 4 times to sales, billing, sign team and back around and heard all of the above.  Still not sure how to get a Hippa BAA 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is very odd.

I called and just to get one user they were charging me a minimum of $10,000! 
This was a week ago.

Some people are getting charged 300 and other 600 annually? I would love that rate. This is extremely suspicious to me.

Is there any way to report this to Adobe if we are not yet an account holder? I literally created this account just to raise this concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was told this today when I inquired with my account manager about getting a BAA

"On a separate note, order value on the account has to be above $7500 for a BAA."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines