• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you remove the Blue Line, Date and Name from Signature in Acrobat Sign?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would like to use esign for documents; however, these documents are dated elsewhere and the signature should not be dated. Is there a way to turn the blue line, etc. on and off in esign? Thanks!

TOPICS
Adobe Sign forms , How to sign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Hello Lillian,

Then, it seems that you are the user and not account admin. Can you inbox me your registered email address so that I can check your account?

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Greetings!

The setting you are looking for will require an account level admin to adjust.

Assuming you are an admin:

• Click the Account tab at the top of the screen
  • Expand the Account Settings menu
  • Select the Signature Preferences section
  • Uncheck Use well-formatted signatures and initials
  • Save the configuration

well formatted.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Hi Kylieh,

I see that you have the individual account of Adobe Sign.

The option is not available in the Individual accounts.

You may try contacting the Adobe Sign support team and check if they can make the changes to the settings for you from there end.

For the subscribed account, find below the steps to contact support:

• Login to your Adobe Sign account directly via Sign In — e-signature and e-sign Software Solution — Adobe Sign

• Once logged in, check the upper right corner of the page and clic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Hello, 

I can see from the image you posted you have a FREE Adobe Sign account. There are no Admin features available with FREE accounts. If you would like to use the features that are built into Adobe Sign, please consider upgrading to a paid subscription - https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign/pricing/plans.html?promoid=65FN7V4N&mv=other. 

If someone has sent you a document for signature via Adobe Sign, you may want to ask them to adjust the signature field position and resend to you. 

Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

You need to be logged as the admin. The goto Accounts Tab> Account Settings> Signature Preferences> the uncheck Use well-formatted signatures and initials. IF you cant see the accounts tab then you are not the account admin or group admin.Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 17.55.03.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lillian,

You can disable the date and name by going to Account tab->Account settings->Signature Preferences and uncheck "Well formatted Signature".

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no account tab. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lillian,

Then, it seems that you are the user and not account admin. Can you inbox me your registered email address so that I can check your account?

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find settings... I only see preferences.  and Can't find  "Well formatted Signature".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoRlj, 

Can this option be set at a user level rather than updating the above setting for all users within an account?

Kindest regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we would also like this to be on User level rather than account-wide. Is there a way now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i have logged into admin account and followed your instruction to uncheck"Well formatted Signature", but when i go back to the non-admin account, it doesn't change anything. please advise what's wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i suggest adobe should add a signature type which is signature only, because most of the forms they already requested date to be entered, your current setting for signature type is just not practical and not user friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See page 4 of the attached document.  The 100% e-sgin needs to be unchecked in order not to have the date and name included in the signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am having the same problem. Can you help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem, :S it's to difficult for something very easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, that I am signed as admin, but I can't find the settings, can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be logged as the admin. The goto Accounts Tab> Account Settings> Signature Preferences> the uncheck Use well-formatted signatures and initials. IF you cant see the accounts tab then you are not the account admin or group admin.Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 17.55.03.png

 

Sharing our knowledge today for your use tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see these, does it mean that I am not logged as admin? If so, how do I log in as admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Sign into Adobe Sign (https://secure.echosign.com/public/login) using an Admin account

2. Select your account icon on the top right corner (next to the bell/notifications icon)

3. Select settings

4. Select Edit settings, next to E-signing settings

5. Select Account Settings

6. Select Signature Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey CHA,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

We have checked your account and see that you have Adobe Sign individual as a part of Acrobat Pro DC.

The settings for Signature preferences are not available under this account. This is the reason you do not find this option.

Hope that information helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I think I have the same (Acrobat Pro DC) - does that mean that I can't remove this date/name stamp in blue? It's really painful and almost renders the ability to get documents signed electronically, useless (many organisations reject it because they can see it has been done electronically).

Thanks 

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out.

Currently, the option to make changes to the date and name stamp in blue is not available with the Adobe Sign plan included with Acrobat Pro DC. 

You may try to contact the support team to check if they can help via the following link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html  

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and I am an admin, this is the account tab and I dont find any settings here

grandi5E1C_1-1620186405765.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on my personal account settings here is what I can see

grandi5E1C_0-1620186667450.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the link I posted above to sign into Adobe Sign. You are in the Adobe Acrobat Admin Portal from what I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did used your link on my second screenshot, still no option on changing the account settings and signature preference (number 5-6 does not exist)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link.  I found it from some other page or article.  I could **not** find this setting as well.  I could only get to it directly from this URL.
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/signatures/?signUri=%2Faccount%2FaccountSettingsPage%23pageId%3...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Finaally an answer that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines