• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep the file name remain unchanged when selecting Keep document separated?

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I am evaluating the Enterprise Trial to see if it will fit our business needs. We generate engineering drawings that must be signed by specific people and issued to externally from our organisation for various purposes.

When testing the split document after signing function, I discovered that the multipe files that were initially submitted are returned after signing with a different filename. The Agreement Name is used as the outputed filename with a suffix of "part" nth number of files uploaed plus the audit report. So for 2 files uploaded, the signing process returns 3 files, ie. "Agreement Name (part 1) -signed" and "Agreement Name (part 2) -signed" are the uploaded files and "Agreement Name (part 3) -signed" is the audit report. It is very important to our process that the filenames remain unchanged through the signing process.

Is there a way to use the split document function and reatin the original uploaded filenames? The whole reason to combine the files into one agreement is to reduce the number of emails going to the Approvers, but if split files changes the file name then that defeats the purpose of the function and I can't justify the Enterprise license.

TOPICS
Manage documents , Send documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this question posed a few different ways.  So far no answer.  So I'm guess it can't be changed??!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Enterprise version and I've got a similar need, as today I found myself having to rename all 17 documents of a single signing, all of which had been renamed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

Enterprise customers can contact the Support team and request that the ATTACHMENT_NAMING setting be adjusted to  FILE_NAME (which will preserve the original filename when the document was uploaded).

Hopefully, that will improve the experience!

-Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would changing the ATTACHMENT_NAMING setting to FILE_NAME apply enterprise-wide, or only to a particular user?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines