• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

locked out of my document

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I am new to Acrobat (obviously) and I sent a document out for signatures, it needed 8 signatures which I got and the document was finally returned to me but now its encrypted and I can't get back into it, it says it password protected (I didn't set up) but does not give me an option to enter a password nor will it allow me to change the password settings.  I am using the same pc / software the document was created on so not sure why it won't let me access it as I am the author.  I went thru other forum questions but couldn't find any answers.  Help anyone???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get any help? just had the same exact problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing password encryption or changing the password would break the digital signature applied by Acrobat Sign. Thus, Acrobat prevents its users from doing either.

If you don't need the digital signature, use one of the many web services in the wild that allow removing password protection, and then remove the broken signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines