Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aero crashes whenever I try to import something from disk

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I picked up my Aero project today after leaving it for two weeks. Now Aero crashes whenever I try to import something from disk. I've tried *.glb files and animated png sequences in *.zip format. I'm on windows 10.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Willem

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Desktop , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appearantly it only happens in existing files. If I start a new file everything works. Replacing an asset also makes Aero crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @zycho42 thanks for the report and sorry this is happening for you. Can you go to Aero -> About Aero from the top menu and let me know what version you have? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me @markhellar My version is 0.16.10 (#217).
When attempting to fix this earlier I uninstalled and reinstalled through the Creative Cloud app, so I figure this is the latest version. I noticed the new sharing menu (which is much better, allowing us to update the content without generating a new link!).
The problem is still there, especially when replacing an asset. In the outliner on the right a 'folder' appears named 'optimizing import' and then the crash report window shows. I noticed that when an import does go through a blue animated circle appears on the top right of the window. This doesn;t happen when it crashes.
For now, I worked around the problem by using my (much less capable) macbook air to do the replacements I needed to do. After that I could work normally in Aero for Windows moving assets around and setting behaviors and parameters. I've also sent a few crash reports.

Willem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @zycho42 for the relpy. Is the version on the Macbook Air the Same. What is the model of your primary computer that has the issue? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markhellar the version on my mac is 0.16.10 (#216).

My primary machine is a an MSI laptop running Windows 10 pro build 19044.2075, i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz, 16 Gb of memory, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super. and a 1 TB SSD. I tend to run it with an external 4K monitor attached, but the issue occurs regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, thanks for the update. 

-We've seen an issue sometimes with an external 4k monitor connected. It sounds like you tried disconnecting, but if not please try.

- Please try deleteing Aero prefs here: ~\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Aero and reinstall Aero(Sorry for the inconvienence)

Let me know if that helps, If not I will escalte the issue. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @markhellar, I've tried both your suggestions, but no love. Version is now 0.17.2 (#226)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I hope it's okay if I join the conversation. I have the same problem on my iMac (ultimo 2014, 16 GB) with the macOS Big Sur software. The version of Aero is the latest 0.18.4 (#241). I also have the same Aero version on my MacBook Pro 2021, 16GB and everything works fine here. It's bad enough that it doesn't work on the iMac but now comes the point that makes absolutely no sense to me: My colleague, who works on the same MacBook Pro and has the same Aero version, has the same problems as zycho42 and me on the old iMac. That means it only works in my account on the MacBook Pro.

I would be very grateful for any help. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sophiev1676054 can you PM me your user account name and I will have the dev team check. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zycho42 we do have a known bug that causes undesired behavior if there is a space in the field path of the asset path i.e. c:/My Files/test.glb would cause the error vs c:/MyFiles/test.glb can you check the path of your assets? A fix for this is in the works. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, I was away for a while, not able to do further tests.

Fortunately the issue seems to have been resolved. I'm running v0.18.4
(#243). However, in the mean time I've had to reinstall my pc, so I can't
guarantee that that's not what fixed it.

Thanks for trying to figure it out @markhellar!

Votes

Translate

Translate