• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Size and localization of anchors/models are not accurate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When activating the experience, the models are much smaller than in the edit/preview view which seems to also be affecting the localization of the objects as well. The tracking is also not stable as the objects float a bit as you move the device. Tapping on the object in the experience also does not activate the applied behavior.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Mobile , Performance or Stability , Usability Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm having the same problems. The anchor points are so off and wandering that I had to look at where the object ended up after placing it on the map, estimating where the anchor needed to be moved to to correct the objects position, eyeball it again, go through several iterations, and create an Offset spread sheets to keep track of my adjustments in an attempt to get the objects to show up in the right place. I had mixed results. But here is how I'm tracking the offsets.

World Coordinate Offset Sheet

Sometimes the corrections show up right away and sometimes they take a day. But then sometimes they revert back to where they started regardless of the corrections with no rhyme or reason. 

what doesn't make anything easier is that if you look at where your standing on the Google map ap you will notice that your reported position moves around quite a bit. So there is movement between GPS location from the mobile cell tower triangulation - to-Google servers-to Adobe Aero servers-to-the Ap. (head spinning sympathy pains for the engineers)

Frustrating to say the least. I was thinking maybe an algorithm to calculate offsets would be all I needed but apparently not so lucky. 😞

let me know if you figure anything out. 

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a link to a spread sheet with all of my offset corrections that did allow my to get my object in the right position relative to the geographical landmark on the Google 3D map. Mayube the smae sort of fomula can work for you too. 🙂

Gabby's World Coordinate Correction

Votes

Translate

Translate