i'm having real trouble with updating my libraries for shapes in capture. For some reason my libraries don't update when I access them in illustrator (also on iPad) and when I try to link them I get a message saying 'cannot reach server, check network connection'. I haven't had this problem for a while, but now nothing will update. I've even tried updating the app and that hasn't made a difference.
any help would be appreciated
Sorry things aren't working right. A couple of quick questions and something I'd like you to try:
* How's your wifi/data connection? Have you tried more than one?
* Are your shape assets saving to Capture? That is, can you see them saved to a Capture library on the device?
* Can you see your assets when you sign in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud (I'm guessing probably not)?
* Try creating a new library on the device. Then save a shape to it. Then check on Adobe Creative Cloud to see if it syncs there? If it does, check to see if you can see it in Draw.
Let me know you find.
i'm not able to try another connection but my wifi is working just fine.
my shapes do save and appear in my Capture library.
my creative cloud wont update with anything (I'm assuming this creates a lot of the issues I'm having) and hasn't done for a long time. That being said, I was previously able to see shapes in Illustrator, although it was temperamental.
ive tried creating a new library but this hasn't shown up either.
The reason I asked about your wifi connection is because the error message you're getting is consistent with a weak connection. Please try another network when you have the opportunity.
A couple more questions:
* What version of Capture and what version of iOS are you using?
A couple other things I'd like you to try:
* Go into the library that's not syncing (try doing this with the one you just created that has only a single asset in it) pull-down-and-release on the screen. That should force a sync. After you do that check http://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries to see if it's synced.
* If it hasn't synced, try force-quitting the app and relaunching it (double tap the Home button then swipe up on Capture). Then see if that's forced a sync.
* You mentioned you're also using Draw, right? Can you open any drawing in that app and from the upper navigation tap the Share icon (square with an arrow). Choose the Send to CC Files as PDF option and see if it syncs/saves to this location: http://assets.adobe.com/files
Let me know what you find. I'm also going to check in with one of our engineers about this.
One more quick question: This error message you're getting, "Cannot reach server, check network connection," are you getting it in Draw or in Illustrator? (I can't tell from your original comment because although you mentioned Illustrator, you also said you were using it on an iPad.)
Let me know.