• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Capture Shape Assets Scale Cleanly within the App Preview, but Scale Pixelated in Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've just begun using Adobe Capture to create vector shape files from my hand drawn doodles. The app has been working well to capture my drawings, but when I go into the Photoshop app to try and compose the assets into portfolio ready compositions, the shape files are input as pixelated non scaling assets with a set source size. Why is my vector not scaling as I would expect an svg file should? I need these shapes scaling cleanly so I can have them look beautiful in my end products and not jagged. I know it's possible because this is how they look in Adobe Capture's preview feature. Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Shapes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for submitting this feedback. In Adobe Capture, we preview and save vector (svg) files. Photoshop app deals with raster images, hence, it converts vector files to raster ones. That's why you are experiencing the pixelation. Unfortunately, we can't do much to remove the pixelation. 

One not so good workaround is to export the SVG (vector file) from Adobe capture and create a high resolution image snapshot of the same, and use 'import image' workflow of photoshop app. You can give it a try, if it suits your requirement.

P.S.: This workaround will not remove the pixelation for all the scaling values.

Regards,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines