• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS5 won't open .ase files [2012]

New Here ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just introduced to Kuler, and being excited for finding a new swatch archive, I tried downloading a few for a project I'm working on. When I open them, they try to open in Illustrator (my project is in photoshop) and Illustrator says that the file isn't compatable? I have the CS5 Creative suite. Any help would be very appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

In Illustrator, from the Swatches palette  pop-up menu, select Open Swatch Libraries > Other Libraries, and navigate to  and select  your saved .ase file. The  file will open in a separate palette labeled with the theme name. To move these  swatches to the Swatches palette, select the  swatches you wish to move and, from the pop-up menu, select Add to  Swatches. The swatch will be added to the Swatches palette.

In Photoshop or InDesign , from the  Swatches palette  pop-up menu, go to Load Swatch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Illustrator, from the Swatches palette  pop-up menu, select Open Swatch Libraries > Other Libraries, and navigate to  and select  your saved .ase file. The  file will open in a separate palette labeled with the theme name. To move these  swatches to the Swatches palette, select the  swatches you wish to move and, from the pop-up menu, select Add to  Swatches. The swatch will be added to the Swatches palette.

In Photoshop or InDesign , from the  Swatches palette  pop-up menu, go to Load Swatches and navigate to your .ase file. Open the .ase file; your colors should appear in the Swatches palette.

Thanks & Regards,

Neha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines