• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best practices for capturing patterns?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to find this answer online, but have not had any luck. I am trying to use Adobe Capture to create vector patterns for use in Illustrator. and could use some advice on best practices.

No matter what I try, my vector pattern paths are a mess (see photo example used just for simplicity sake). I've tested capturing directly through CC Libraries, as well as using png & jpg images at different resolution and quality, to no avail and have found online resources to be minimal. Any advice?

example patterns.jpg

TOPICS
Export , How to , Patterns

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: 

So sorry the experience has been less than ideal. Based on feedback from designers such as yourself, we are currently working on improving the quality of the vectorization in the pattern module, to better recognize and exclude any accidental artifacts that may get introduced. Would you be open to sharing your image with me so I can use it as a benchmark for the testing? If you have an original creation file as well as the image you imported to Capture that would be amazing. Just attach files here or you can share them with me at hep@adobe.com. Let me know as well if you would like to test the upgrade before it's come out. 

Hep Svadja, Product Manager of Adobe Capture, Adobe Color, & Creative Cloud Libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I'd be very happy to help. By original creation file, do you mean a pattern I created in Capture or the native file from which I generated the image to capture?

I'd be happy to test as well! I know I have a couple UI /UE suggestions. Are those something the team would be interested in and if so, what is the best way to share those thoughts?

Thank you!

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just sent you an invite to an adobe library I created that includes the base elements as well as the resulting pattern and my contact info.

Thanks!

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines