• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes in Library aren't showing in Capture CC list

Participant ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Capture on my iPhone. I logged in with my Adobe account and I see my Libraries.

In one Library I have 11 items, 2 of which are brushes.. They show up as brushes in PS and in my Adobe account via the web interface.

In the Capture app, I've selected the library and it registers the 11 items, but says "This library has no brushes".

The brushes were created by someone else using Capture. So, what gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Sean.

There it is! The answer!

"To originally put the older brush into the library, I dragged it from my Brush presets pallet. It was added to PS thru an .abr file containing several brushes. Is there some information not being carried over? Meta data or something?"

The only brushes that show up in the Capture app are brushes that were created there. It's not actually a holding place for all brushes that show up in the Libraries panel of the desktop apps.

I know it's a bit confusing. And I'm so so

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sean.

You're seeing that alert when you're in the Brushes tab, correct? Sometimes it takes a bit for all the assets to sync down to the device. 

Next time you're in that section, over a good wifi connection, try a press-hold-pulldown-release on that screen. That will force a sync.

Let me know if they appear after that.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, thanks for replying.

I tried what you said and it still says that there are no brushes.

The popup that displays "Choose Library..." shows I have the proper Library selected but it sees "0 Brushes (11 Assets)".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean.

I've not seen this happen before.

It's weird because if I'm understanding you correctly, it's showing the correct number of assets despite the fact that it's also showing that you have no brushes which should drop the number of assets down to nine. Right? I'm understanding that correctly, right?

I just dropped by the desk of an engineer who used to work on Capture and he said he's never heard this happening either, so a couple of quick questions:

How many libraries do you have?

Have you tried signing out and signing back in to the app?

Let me know what you find because I'd like to drop a note about this  to the engineering team. (I feel like I'm missing something super obvious.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Yes, that's correct. The other nine assets are graphics. Just 2 brushes.

I have 6 libraries currently but I'm only sharing 2. The only one that's really active is the selected one.

Here is the screen grab from my iPhone:

IMG_6106.PNG

I tried signing out and signing back in and it didn't work. I wasn't surprised as I had just installed the app.

I'm on iOS 11, which was installed just days ago. I restarted my iPhone just yesterday, so I don't even know if that would help.

If there's anything else I can add let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean.

I don't think it's anything you're doing or not doing; there's something I'm missing here about why those brushes aren't showing and I just can't put my finger on what it is.

But I've dropped a note to the product team to see what they say/suggest. I'll post as soon as I hear back.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sean,

One more thing I want you to try when you have a minute… copying and moving one or both brushes to a different library. Here's how to do that:

* Sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries?filter=all

* Open the library with the two brushes

* Click on one of them (it will open in a window by itself).

* In the upper right hand corner click on Actions then from the dropdown menu choose Copy

* A pop-up menu will give you an option of placing the brush in an existing library or creating a new one (ou might want to just create a library called Test).

* Copy the brush to that.

* After you can see it on the website in its new library, open Capture and see if it syncs down to your phone.

Let me know if they show up in the app.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, thanks for working on this for me.

I tried the steps you've outlined and they didn't work. They copied on the website fine but didn't show up in the app.

I tried to make a brush with the app and it worked fine. It showed up rather quickly on the web and in PS.

I copied the new brush from the Test library to the problem library and it showed up across all devices. However, the other brushes did not.

My Test library has two assets in it, the newly made brush and the copy of the older one. It says there is one brush.

Have the other brushes somehow lost their compatibility with the app or whatever defines it as a brush for the app?

To originally put the older brush into the library, I dragged it from my Brush presets pallet. It was added to PS thru an .abr file containing several brushes. Is there some information not being carried over? Meta data or something?

I'll gladly give what data I can to help solve the issue. Thanks again for helping me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean.

There it is! The answer!

"To originally put the older brush into the library, I dragged it from my Brush presets pallet. It was added to PS thru an .abr file containing several brushes. Is there some information not being carried over? Meta data or something?"

The only brushes that show up in the Capture app are brushes that were created there. It's not actually a holding place for all brushes that show up in the Libraries panel of the desktop apps.

I know it's a bit confusing. And I'm so sorry for wasting your time with all this nonsense; it didn't even occur to me to ask this question.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, Sue! It's good know how the app is supposed to function.

I really appreciate the time you took trying to help out with this, thank you!

I hope in the future that older brushes can be updated to work in the mobile apps. The more devices supported, the better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sean.

I'm going to share this conversation withe Capture team because I think it's definitely something that people wonder about when assets that show up on the desktop don't show up in the app.

Thanks for your patience with it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines